Groups - How to Join - General use information.

Archives1

Staff member
August 5, 2023

Use the link below to sign up for "Just for Men" or "Just for Women" groups within NAFC.

When you are a member of a group and start a new Topic/Thread/Post, You will have the option to
Assign thread to a private group (optional):
►Just For Men

Groups sign up link

It is important to state - If you comment on a Topic/Thread/Post, then that post is permanently added to YT (Your Threads) and will appear at the bottom of your profile. This can not be undone.

You can make a Topic / Thread part of Your Threads by checking the YT checkbox in the upper right corner. If you have NOT commented on the Topic, you can uncheck the YT checkbox.

You can toggle (turn ON or OFF) Email Alerts by checking the Email Alerts checkbox. Email Alerts can be turned off by unchecking the Email Alerts checkbox at anytime.

The following is from the Thread create by @NAFC

NAFC private msg quote post Address this user plus 1plus 1plus 16
Hello all! After a few days of trial and error, we are starting to set up a better system to managing groups. Because it's a manual process to add each of you, we have created a form where you can sign up with your email address and can simply add a checkmark for which group you would like to join. From here on out, we'll add the names to the individual groups on a weekly basis.

You can sign up for groups by clicking this link.

A few things to note, based on some questions we've seen.

-Groups are not replacing anything, and if you join one, it doesn't mean you won't be able to post to the full forum. It's simply a place to discuss topics that you may feel more comfortable discussing within that group.

-At this time, we don't have a way to post to different places at the same time. If you want to post something to a group, and the full forum, you'll need to post it separately to both places.

We are excited to see how this goes, and have other ideas for expanding and improving the forum. Please keep an eye out for a survey from us coming soon!
2 months ago

Are men using the men’s group? No women except me are using the women’s group. I received no response to what I posted in the women’s group, so why bother with that group? I hope the men’s group is being put to better use -is it? Thanks.

@snow im not. I dont see any option for mens only or womens only at all. This site seems to work the same as always. Maybe its right in front of me and im not seeing it.

Sadly - Only about 5 men are using the Men's group. Klew11 posted first in the Men's group and I was the only one who like the post.

It will take a lot of time and reposting the information on joining the sub-groups. Some people may confuse the sub-groups with the tags.

I do not use the men’s only group. There is no activity there. I think it was a bad idea to separate men and women. Partners need to be just as informed if not more about issues that effect people they love. I can tell by heading if it is something of interest to me. I just don’t read what is not important to me.

I find this group to be the only one that I need. I have nothing so private that I need a separate group for just men. In fact, @snow is a true "go-to" member of this group, given her knowledge and research skills.

I’m not joining another group. I have found some great information on this site since having my RP. I have taken information from several here including Snow. There is also lots of topics and information that doesn’t pertain to my situation. I simply move on.

The forum is open to all topics that are related to urological issues. It’s easy enough to just ignore topics that don’t interest you.

a590cdf08e8ff766e381b551ebd4ee59.png

@snow generally I agree to that. I see only one reason why it somehow could be a valid issue here: ED very often is a side effect of prostate surgery, which is often one of the reasons for male IC. In this case I can see a valid reason to discuss also ED within this forum - but anyway, not as a main topic but only as a side effect...
BTW I personally am not affected with prostate issues or ED...

System will not allow me to sign in. It requires a Gmail address. I did not sign up using a Gmail address.

@Redcat Good Catch!

Ignore where it puts your id plus gmail.com - there is a spot to enter the email address you used to sign up. NAFC is using Google Docs thus the reason that it shows a gmail email address.

8017fb8cd9d2098df726fc9059c76f0f.jpg

Just know that they are saying that it takes time to get added to the group. I did it a few days ago now and still not added.

@ThatFLGuy That was my experience as well. Then I made a post in the women’s group and I don’t even think anyone saw it. They certainly didn’t care. But given that we only have 3-5 active females on this website, I guess it’s too surprising, unfortunately. I expect the men’s group to be more active.

@snow

When we had an issue with the board where stuff disappeared, I was told that there is only two total people watching, doing anything on the back end of this board.

Not shocked by it but other boards I have been on have better moderation.