greatful for understanding friends

Archives1

Staff member
so i had my surgery on friday (which went well i think) and some friends came over to see my new apartment. one of my friends arrived earlay and i was getting out of the bath/putting a diaper on. my aide let him in and i finished up in the bathroom but there was the delima of my wet one that had to be thrown out. im really upfront with my freiends about my many medical problems. if they cant accept them then i dont need them as friends. i told my aide to just throw it away in front of him and that he knows everything. then when everyone else arrived they told me they were taking me out to dinner. afterwards we came back to muy place and i was getting out of my wheelchair onto the step so i could go in and my pants came down showing my pul pants and my friends said nothing.

im grateful to have accepting friends who just accept me for me and dont judge the fact that my bladder (and sometimes bowel) totally suck.

It really is EJ, and its so good too be able to talk to them about things that are personal, as sometimes Dr., cant always help. I'm glad I have the true friends I have. EJ, will be here for you as best we can

i think because we have a direct cause (my accident) its easaier for them to understand. they have been with me since i fell down the escelator, all of my surgeries, my amputation, etc. most folks feel sorry for me and not judgemental. which i also hate i dont want people to feel sorry for me but i guess its better than being made fun of.

Touché May May

I would have to second that. People and loyalty unfortunately majority of the time do not go together. That is unless overtime you manage to sift through the crowds and find great people who my definition would be loyal.

Otherwise if they are not they are not great people. It is truly sad how few of us are out there considering how many people on this planet 🌎 sad 😢