Frustrated. Murphy is an a******.

Archives1

Staff member
Ever heard of the expression that whatever can go wrong will.

Well Murphy has been kicking my butt lately.

My internet in my apartment quit working. My ISP keeps sending people to work on it around my neighborhood without scheduling it so I have no clue they are coming so they never come into my apartment to fix what is wrong. They keep changing when my appointment is (happened three times now) and then comming when ever they want.

My mom and Nanny came and helped me clean up my apartment before my surgery next month so that is a plus, but I want to have my internet working before I get home from surgery and now I am going to have to get an new ISP because they will not abide by the schedule appointment I have.

Nothing else is going right.

All I want to do is relax and play some Fortnite but no internet means nothing to do.

I just wish that this surgery was over already and I could figure out how life is going to be.

Got a lot of doctors appointments coming up so I will be busy.

Hang in there. It’s so hard to have no control over crap like this. I do agree you need to have access for your down/recovery time.

Sorry to hear things are so sh*t for you right now. It must be really hard to have wait for surgery and have nothing to do but think about it.

If you can get ATT fiber where you are I would highly recommend it. It’s AT&T so their customer service isn’t the best, but for speed and reliability I have found them the best where we live.

Small update. Ended up cancelling my service. I am going to be getting a new provider after surgery so for now I am on my Verizon with my phone and tablet. My tablet has hotspot so I can get online if needed. I am going to be getting breezline after as it is cheaper and 100* faster. I just got to wait until I have time to get it set up.

I’m just biased I guess. I don’t like Frontier or twisted pair. I’ve worked for Charter/Spectrum for 20 years now and coax is so much better and reliable. I’m in CT and I know it’s different in Florida. I’m in tech ops so I just fix my own.

ThatFL Guy -- I would recommend Xfinity (Comcast) for internet & TV. I still have a phone landline in case all electrical goes down. Won't count on Xfinity Comcast for phone service. Sure, Xfinity internet fails at times, but nothing like AT&T and other providers that I've had! I cannot recommend AT&T. I found it to be unreliable. Other people like it. Xfinity has the highest speed Internet I've ever found: 1 Gig.