Freaking out

Archives1

Staff member
Hi All,

Haven't posted in awhile. I have urges to go to the bathroom multiple times a day, feels like I can't hold it, etc. I am in a wedding this weekend and I am FREAKING OUT!! First wedding I have ever been in, any tips? I am considering wearing a diaper but the bridesmaids dresses are pretty skin tight so not sure if you would be able to tell. Please give me any insight, hope, etc. Thank you.

I strongly recommend wearing a diaper to be protected. Compromising on protection could mean a wet dress/very public accident which is definitely not what you want. We always say that it’s better to have a wet diaper than wet clothes. If you feel like your incontinence is on the lighter side you may opt to wear a pull-up, but these are not recommended for anything other than very light/occasional dribbles types of incontinence. If there is a chance of more than a few dribbles, definitely go with a diaper.

It's probably too late for this, but if you had a dress fitting, be sre you wore the pull-up/diaper so the "skin tight dress" was fitted over it. Wonder if some spanx over your pull-up would smooth out the appearance.

I would suggest to mention your problem to the bride's Mother. People are very understanding and If you have to wear a different dress then do it. Don't be afraid. Everyone has problems-better to be honest upfront about it. The dress fitting is a great idea.

I was wondering also, I know life is tough, I pray everyday for happiness and to put my head on the pillow with worry, pain and get a good nights sleep. Sleep is so wonderful when we get up there in age. I don't want to hear I am young yet, I don't feel it at all.