For those who use pads or briefs, do you have 1 or multiple options?

Archives1

Staff member
I've dealt with neurogenic bladder for the better-or-worse part of 12 years now. So I've come to choose different options for my protection with briefs, in the same manner continent folks use multiple types of undies (boxers/briefs/trunks/etc).

It's all dependent on my daily schedule and activities planned;
When out for work or attending an event, etc - I opt for a Dry 247 or BetterDry with optional stuffer and spare change(s).
At home and exercising nearby, I typically rock an Attends Waistband or Depends Max Fitted plus a spare in my pocket on walks.
If I'm going out without reasonable means to change, I typically wear a MegaMax with stuffer and remove the insert as needed.
If I'm traveling long distances, flying somewhere domestically or going out to the gym, my diaper of choice is an Abena M4.
For bed, I'll wear a FormaCare Nacht or FormaCare X-Plus. When I need to air out, I'll substitute for a Eurobrief overnight.

What's your plan of attack when dealing with this condition?

@matttyco I tend to stick with the tena slips I get from our healthcare system. If I know that I am going to be changing with other people around I may use a tena for men pull up, but I will change back into a tape up as soon as I can because I find that the pull ups leak too easily. Phil

physlink said:
@matttyco I tend to stick with the tena slips I get from our healthcare system. If I know that I am going to be changing with other people around I may use a tena for men pull up, but I will change back into a tape up as soon as I can because I find that the pull ups leak too easily. Phil

Unfortunately, here in the California, we don't have a reasonably priced option for ordering foil backed Tena Super or Maxi. I've gotten them before from the UK, but the shipping usually outweighs the cost of the product itself.

Our medical coverage and insurance providers only cover cheap paperpak type diapers under durable medical supplies. Unless you fight WW-III like some have here for better product options.

@matttyco similar, we only get the textile backed ones. If we want the plastic backed ones we have to buy them. I don't know why, no one from our healthcare system seems to know either. I guess that bulk buying makes the textile backed ones cheaper? Phil

I have a huge back stock of what hasn’t worked for me. I tend to use those at home with boosters. If they leak at least I’m home where I can easily change and it doesn’t matter if my clothes get wet. When I’m out I’ll use a crinklz xl. I got samples then a case of these from Northshore and they have yet to leak on me. The MegaMax leaked and so did the supremes and pretty much every diaper I have tried. And the crinklz fits perfectly. I haaaaaaate the design but no one ever sees it so I just roll with it. I wish the betterdry came in xl.

usually wear better dry to bed or if out of the house for a long time...sometimes northshore supreme lights if I'm able to change often....sitting around the house watching tv at night I can actually usually get by with just mens Tena underwear as the bathroom is like 10 paces from the couch. i'd consider my urge IC pretty severe but even at it's worst I usually have at least a minute to get to the bathroom before I lose control and gush.

Multiple options depending on what’s happening. I have found Northshore to offer a really good selection between pullon underwear, pads, boosters to go in pullon or adult diapers, and briefs that tape on like the Surpremes, Megamax and Crinklz. EJ is right, I have never had an issue with those even though the design is a little more colorful than plain white. As long as they work then life is good.
Hope everyone has been doing well. I’ve had allot going on for the last few months so haven’t posted a whole lot. It’s nice to see some new posts. Thank you.

Have a nice evening,
Jim in Maryland

I use tena maxi slips at night with plasti pants and usually tena comfort extra large shaped pads during the day with net fixing pants. Sometimes I wear tena pull ups during the day and at night sometimes Attends Level 10 large pads.

Just one choice for me and I am sooooo grateful to have finally found the right combo after decades of trying different options. I only wear protection at night and I use a 24/7 Confidry with a doubler. Away from home I add a pair of cloth lined plastic pants for one more small layer of additional protection, but have hardly ever needed it. I only wish they had been around during the days when there was so little to choose from. Can you say Ambeeze or even worse...the early reusable Pro Pants from Salk? Does anyone even remember those worthless early disposables?

oh god I remember Ambeeze with"exelsorb" they were a single tape on each side fanfold diaper and almost paper-thin I also remember my mother threatening me to buy me what she would call belt-diapers and she subscribed to Better Homes and Gardens and in the back of all the Better Homes and Gardens magazines in the early 70's there a small section of mail-order products and there was an adult incontinence product called Ever-Safe which looked almost like a reusable Depend Undergarment she used to threaten me with those as well over my bedwetting and I also had issues with Encopresis

davidg6209 said:
Just one choice for me and I am sooooo grateful to have finally found the right combo after decades of trying different options. I only wear protection at night and I use a 24/7 Confidry with a doubler. Away from home I add a pair of cloth lined plastic pants for one more small layer of additional protection, but have hardly ever needed it. I only wish they had been around during the days when there was so little to choose from. Can you say Ambeeze or even worse...the early reusable Pro Pants from Salk? Does anyone even remember those worthless early disposables?

@davidg6209 does this bring back memories?
094011f97630c09d69e808b96fc6b6f0.jpg

I found an image of the Ever-Safe that used to be advertised in Better Homes and Gardens in a small sale section in the back of almost every issue I remember my Mom showing me the ads and telling me if I didn't stop wetting the bed she was buying me these she never did buy them but I did eventually did wind up in the Ambeze
492c2f8a68577fd62f4c83147d1c7794.gif

I sort of remember a product like the ever-safe, but it must not have worked for me, since I can't recall it that well. That sketch of the Ambeeze, however, immediately conjures up anxiety! It was awful and because it was so ineffective, I ended up feeling even worse about my bedwetting, since even with a diaper on, the bed still got wet :( Every night seemed to be an experiment by trying a different combination of whatever was being sold at the time.

I think a newspaper and masking tape would have made a better diaper than those ambeze

davidg6209 said:
I sort of remember a product like the ever-safe, but it must not have worked for me, since I can't recall it that well. That sketch of the Ambeeze, however, immediately conjures up anxiety! It was awful and because it was so ineffective, I ended up feeling even worse about my bedwetting, since even with a diaper on, the bed still got wet :( Every night seemed to be an experiment by trying a different combination of whatever was being sold at the time.

DPCARE said:
I found an image of the Ever-Safe that used to be advertised in Better Homes and Gardens in a small sale section in the back of almost every issue I remember my Mom showing me the ads and telling me if I didn't stop wetting the bed she was buying me these she never did buy them but I did eventually did wind up in the Ambeze
492c2f8a68577fd62f4c83147d1c7794.gif

Those look like they might have worked better than the Ambeze..
when the Ambeze were at the stores back in the day I was so glad my mom thought I stopped wetting at night (I was probably 13 or 14)or else I have a feeling I may have ended up having to wear those. Being a kid the thought of wearing diapers was horrifying. In hindsight it would have been better than a wet bed but kids dont always think logical. I would have hated the teasing and humiliation from my family but not having a room that smelled like pee may have been totally worth it

My go to nappy is tena slip maxi active fit or tena slip ultimata active fit however if I drink to much water, fizzy pop or alcohol then I need something more absorbent so have started wearing abeena Xplus