For Admin

I tried it now - with the latest message, and it worked like it should now. It might be that it has been that it shows a new message, when it is my own reply? If I post a comment, I have obviously seen it ;).
I will check after posting this comment..

Technically you don't have to "watch" anything. You're able to see all new posts when logging in by clicking "Wha'ts New".
But even once I’ve read everything in a topic , it’s still showing up bold, as if I’ve never read it. This leads to a lot of unnecessary re-reading. The way I used to read things was to just read my email and then I would see everything that got posted. That’s what I miss. I didn’t have to sign on and go through a bunch of different hoops to try to see who’s made a post in what category. It all used to come into my emailbox.

But even once I’ve read everything in a topic , it’s still showing up bold, as if I’ve never read it. This leads to a lot of unnecessary re-reading. The way I used to read things was to just read my email and then I would see everything that got posted. That’s what I miss. I didn’t have to sign on and go through a bunch of different hoops to try to see who’s made a post in what category. It all used to come into my emailbox.
I see. When you click on What's New, it should only be bolded if you have not read all the messages within the post. That is how it seems to be working now when we tested it. Make sure if you are clicking on "What's New", then click into a thread to read the posts, that you go back to the "What's New" button so it refreshes and removes the bold. If you only use your back button, it will still look bold as if you haven't read it yet, since it's not refreshing the page.

You can set your preferences to receive activity summary emails. These are sent if you are inactive for 7 days, so that you can see what you have missed. You can also set your preferences to receive alerts on any thread you created, any updates to threads you've commented on, anyone who mentions you, quotes you, or reacts to your posts, or of course, as you've mentioned any threads that you've selected to watch.

Hopefully that helps. Let us know if you're still running into trouble with the What's New Section after trying the tip above.

Apparently, if you spend mor than five minutes, sending your response to your friend, you will be kicked out. I tried to send a seven long minute response to my longerm friend Allan Allen and I was kicked out and rejected. My entire message was released into oblivion. Screw this new forum”, fir it is nothing but a bunch of horns honking on the freeway

Sorry, Allen, I sent you quite a long message and unfortunately, the stupid rules, which are not actually defined in anyway, just decided to randomly delete my response to you. I apologize in advance. I tried to send you a very hearty, worthy reply and all that I got in exchange was “rejected.” FUCK this new format.. I give up. The people behind THE ***^NEWFORUM^****! are clearly the most interested in getting rid of all of the old time customers and only receiving the new, who also happened to be the young. Message received loud and clear you don’t care about the former members; all you care about is the new joiners. Happy happy joy times

Sorry, Allen, I sent you quite a long message and unfortunately, the stupid rules, which are not actually defined in anyway, just decided to randomly delete my response to you. I apologize in advance. I tried to send you a very hearty, worthy reply and all that I got in exchange was “rejected.” FUCK this new format.. I give up. The people behind THE ***^NEWFORUM^****! are clearly the most interested in getting rid of all of the old time customers and only receiving the new, who also happened to be the young. Message received loud and clear you don’t care about the former members; all you care about is the new joiners. Happy happy joy times
I wrote a reply to your message - and the same happened to me. The system froze and the message was gone when it unfroze…

I wrote a reply to your message - and the same happened to me. The system froze and the message was gone when it unfroze…
We are not sure why this would happen but for us to better look into it, would you be able to provide some information:

* Were you sending a conversation or was it a reply in a thread?
* Do you know approximately the day/time it happened?
* What kind of device and browser were you using (phone/desktop/etc, chrome/safari/etc)?
*If this happens again, would you mind taking a screenshot and sending it over?

Thank you,
NAFC