Finally Tried Cloth for Bedwetting

Archives1

Staff member
Life threw me into a heavyweight round of bedwetting when I scored another UTI recently. I got sick of the environmental waste of disposables and invested in a cloth prefold night nappy from a brand called Rearz to trial. After forgetting to wash it before wearing (huge mistake)and soaking through it and the plastic pants onto my sheets the first night, I tried again last night and had great success. I’m a front/side/back/head stand sleeper and appreciate the 360 degree absorbency to no end. I found it way more comfortable and somehow also more breathable than the Better Drys I’ve been wearing. It is helpful to be able to customise the fold to put more absorbency in the front where I need it. It’s also not really much bulkier as I seem to get away with the the single layer. I actually can’t believe I put that off for so long. One of my reservations was around people seeing the nappy drying on the clothes line, but unless you really know what to look for it just looks like a large cloth drying amongst my other clothes (I also care way less now about what others think of my problem, which helps). I dry the clean plastic pants on the door handle of my bedroom cupboard and nobody is the wiser. Just thought I’d throw these insights up for those considering making the leap into cloth.

I am in Uk and also have tried using cloth nappies. Much more absorbant, reliable and more comfortable. Washing isn’t that much hassle but the main thing is having a comfortable nights sleep and a dry bed.

I use shaped Velcro fastening nappies made by a UK company called Snuggleblanks

I use cloth diapers when I'm home in the evening and during the weekend when I don't have errands to run. It's nice to not have to worry about running out of diapers. I still use disposable diapers during my working hours or when I have errands to run. The only downside to cloth diapers is that they have no odor control. Other than that they are a nice alternative to only using disposables. On top of that they are very easy to double up to increase the absorbency

I use the Rearz brand cloth diapers too. I used to wear the prefold diapers from ACD, (AdultClothDiaper.com) but I found they got lumpy as they aged. (Lint balls stuck between the layers.)
The Rearz prefold diapers have held up well thru many, many wash cycles. I usually wear two at night, since I tend to wet a lot. If it's a night where I've had more to drink than usual, I'll add a soaker pad between the two diapers.

Changing times company sells excellent prefold gauze diapers. I’ve always used cloth for my bedwetting because disposables, even the best ones I use during the day, do a lousy job for nightly side sleepers. I use baby cloth prefolds, usually 4, which contains my numerous nightly wettings. Plastic mattress cover is necessary as my very wet nights I will sometimes get the bed slightly wet, but cloth is king for overnight. Well fitting plastic pants tucked in at all the edges is also necessary.