Female incontinence

Hi Helcha there are plenty of women here, I guess we grin and bear it differently.
If you introduce your self and what situation you have we can probably be of some help. Everyone has different reasons for origin of their problems but it is very common for women to have some level of incontinence in general. You will find very supportive folks here.

There are females here too! Not sure which problems you have but I’ll give you mine rundown.

I have OAB and then wetting when I’m sleeping. Bed wetting and OAB are most likely due to trauma occurred from assault and then anxiety.

Trigger point injections to the pelvic floor have helped with wetting during the day! I don’t have to wear diapers during the day anymore.

But, when it comes to nighttime. If I don’t diaper up I don’t sleep at all as I’m worried to have an accident. When I do wear a diaper I go into a very deep sleep and then end up wetting due to nightmares/sleep paralysis

Hope this helps :)

Hi
I'm female.

Been experiencing OAB this last year or so.
I have no symptoms during the night but my days are awful.
Tried kegels, various medications along with bladder training but no success,my next step is botox. So would be really interested in anyines experience of that.

Hi,
I am one of several women who post on this site. There are a lot of men who have prostate cancer or other prostate problems; that's one reason you see so many posts from men.

Hi, I'm female and been dealing with incontinence since having my first child. In the early years, biofeedback always helped. I cannot remember all the techniques but each was helpful until it wasn't. Then, botox. Which,at first worked for about 5 months between injections. Now, the injections occur every 3 months. I would highly recommend Botox. My urologist does it in office. So convenient!

dkp said:
Hi, I'm female and been dealing with incontinence since having my first child. In the early years, biofeedback always helped. I cannot remember all the techniques but each was helpful until it wasn't. Then, botox. Which,at first worked for about 5 months between injections. Now, the injections occur every 3 months. I would highly recommend Botox. My urologist does it in office. So convenient!

DKP,

Can I asked, what are your symptoms?
I get leaks with strong urge that I try to suppress as per bladder training.
However I now get annoying out of nowhere leaks without urge or warning and not because of stress incontinence.These leaks cannot be stopped, I have zero control no matter how much I engage pelvic floor.I just have to wait them out.
I'm sceptical that botox will help with the latter.

Buttone, I am almost 40 years living with incontinente. First, small leaks that could be handle with Kegals and/or a small pad. Botox injections were started 4 years ago. By then, I was wearing a heavy duty pull up daily and one per night. By then, I had a major leak upon standing. For me, it is a matter of keeping my bladder empty. I use self-catheters to empty my bladder. For me, it is a matter of handling the issue rather than symptoms. Truthfully, at 69, my body is weakening even with practicing kegals and biofeedback.
Good luck!

Was at a Retreat for men, and the urologist said he gets more women come in than men. Note that was a man. So how many women urologists do medical schools turn out vs. men?
Also, apparently urology is not a lucrative specialty.

I am 72 yrs old female and have experienced urge incontinence for both fecal and urine. Urine I can handle with bigger and more absorbent pads...fecal not so much. Don’t make appointments till later in afternoon for fear I’ll have an accident. Anyone here tried the Stim implant?. What is your experience

There are men here who did stim for fecal and for urinary with a very good success.i don't recall a woman having done it