Feeling Annoyed

Archives1

Staff member
Hello I’m Tr Im 59. I have been dealing with Prostatitis on and off for 30 years. My question is are my symptoms like everyone that has it frequent urination, urge to urinate but have to strain dribbling. The feeling of the need to pee all the time interferes with my daily life. I just finished up the antibiotic Keflex for 4 weeks it cleared up and came back about 3 weeks later. I’m wondering if it could be causing me to keep a UTI infection. Is it possible you can you take a low dose antibiotic on a daily basis if your doc will give it to you to help? I just need answers and if anyone out there is going through the same thing if you are let me know or just suggestions from anyone would be greatly appreciated. I don’t think it’s my kidneys my blood work came back normal with a EGFR of 95 thank you.

I don't think you can use antibiotics every day low dow or not. Antibiotics will only work so long before needed to be changed.

Thank you! I heard Cipro was good for it I’ve tried it before but I can’t remember when I heard it gets to the prostate better to help the swelling

I have had prostatitis on and off for about 30 years. Most of those years I had a month of cipro. It seemed to work, but eventually the problem would return. I also took flomax for quita a while. I hope that it settles down for you. If you havent seen a urologist yet it you ought to as they may know of other treatments.

TR2301,

I developed the same issue in my forties.Cipro was the only antibiotic that worksd. Also, I seemed to get this problem every Spring and Fall which was the same seasons I was taking antihistamines for allergies. My doctor told me to try not taking these because they dehydrate the prostate, and when I did, the episodes stopped coming. I got allergy shots insread. In addtion, it also helps to stay hydrated.

GMguy

Cipro has some serious risks besides other side effects.

"What are the dangers of taking Cipro?
Firstly, Cipro may increase the risk of tendinitis, tendon rupture, and peripheral neuropathy in people of all ages, which can lead to serious side effects, such as: nerve pain and a sensation of pins and needles. chronic pain. burning, numbness, or weakness in the joints and muscles. Sep 7, 2018"

I would suggest that you Google it before you take it.

:( My neighbor's heel tendon spontaneously snapped even though it had been years since he had taken Cipro.

I took macrodantin on a low-dosage daily basis for a while to keep UTIs at bay. It helped. I finally stopped taking it and I don’t think the infections are as frequent.

@lorumipsum I take a off brand of Benadryl over the counter. We moved to Washington state from south in WV and the climate up here in the North West keeps me stopped up.

Thank all of you for giving me suggestions. I think I’ll see what my options are with my Doc. Seems like it’s been pretty bad this round I have been on Cipro before it cleared it up but that was 15 years ago I’m getting older keflex helped it but it came back I believe it’s my prostate because it’s all the symptoms frequent peeing straining to get it all out then feeling like you need to go again but thanks again I appreciate it

Sometimes the UTI was mistaken for thrush infection of the penis. I found that Canistan and cleared it up very quickly. Regardless, it’s highly recommended you go to see the doctor or are your ologist because there might be underlying reasons that are unbeknown to you at this time. I had radical removal of the prostate in March this year and I’m also borderline type 2 diabetes.