External Catheters

Archives1

Staff member
Has anyone else used the external catheters from Mens Liberty? If so, what did you think of them? Thank you.

I tried them once I don't think they were from Liberty I thought it would be a break from diapers but I didn't have much luck there can be some size variance between being erect and not being erect leaving gaps for leakage I gave up on them

I’ve used them for over 2 years. The ‘trick’ seems to be cleaning the head of the penis with a non-moisturizing bar soap like Ivory or Gold Dial. Make certain you are dry b4 proceeding. If I know I’m 2B active (walking or moving a lot) I’ll use Smith & Nephew Skin Prep, and Elasticon tape. I *always* use either a leg bag or a night bag. I don’t know what DPCARE used, but Men’s Liberty (or BIODERM) have absolutely nothing to do with penis size, either erect or not. And they’re the only ones I’ve found that work for me… I have what is called a retracted penis. Good Luck

I am not circumsised so I found it uncomfortable. I use Holister inview sheath and it's a good fit for me and use 2 Coloplast prep wipes first before applying it. Used in conjunction with Coloplast active bag which I either use around my leg or cut it and put it in my pants like a belly bag.

I have never been told I'm well endowed. So figured I could find a condom catheter that fit. A 32 mm got so stuck I almost tore the skin getting it off. Anxiously tried a 36mm. No way rolled it out. Way too sticky. Going to try again today cutting away the adhesive part.
I only hear how they don't stay on. I'm more worried about it getting welded on. Was going to try the larger 38 mm,for that 'relaxed fit', but have not been able to find them for sale.
I wonder what men who are larger than me, which is most men, are able to buy. Any ideas out there?

Don't worry about it getting stuck on. You will find that 24 hours later it pops off easily and you can use soap and water to help under the shower. Also, urine will break the glue down throught the day. You can also purchase adhesive spray remover or Coloplast make prep wipes which applies a thin amount of gluey skin which protects your man down there.

Maybe a bit of baby oil on first? I am a woman so I am not 100% sure. I hope you find a good solution.

Hugs, Mary Lou

The Continence Team mentioned a urinary sheath to me and I'm keen to explore it. They're keen to get me out of nappies and with the cost of living crisis I'm also really keen to find an alternative. However, it seems people have had mixed experiences here. I think I'd probably feel a bit unprotected when out and about and overnight/in the morning but for round the house during the day I'm hoping it will work. Will really cut down costs and the amount of rubbish every week.

I've been doing a bit better bladder wise after doing the kegels for a couple of months so hoping at some point I can go back to cheaper, cloth backed products.

I also wear a sheath every day I have never had a leak or a problem etc. Compared to what I had to use previous to the sheath management this has proved to be a perfect solution. Using the sheath has changed my life and my pride and how I present myself in public. It has been a life saver for me.It has been positively accepted by my partner...wearing nappies and diapers previously were causing major challenges between us. The secret to success of the sheath management is to get the correct size condom in the first place. All the companies supply a measuring gauge but more importantly they supply adequate samples to try to achieve the correct fit. I use a Hollister Inview 41 sheath. (https://hollister.com.au/en-au/prod...x_free/inview-silicone-male-external-catheter) with a small 250 mls "sports active" urine bag fitted into my trouser or shorts pocket
(https://products.coloplast.us/coloplast/continence-care/conveen/conveen-active-leg-bag/)I have never needed to fit the bag on my leg. The bag in my pocket is 100% discreet and only needs emptying probably 3 to 4 times during the day. It takes me less than 2 mins in the morning to fit and 2 mins at night to take off. I don't need any IC management whilst sleeping. I don't now consider I have an incontinence problem I just have incontinence. If you are looking for a recommendation for external sheath catheters you have 100% from me