epididymo orchitis input

Archives1

Staff member
I haven't been on here in a while, but I'm hoping someone can chime in on this topic.

I am currently suffering from the pain of epididymorchitis. If you know what it is maybe you can help. If not, I hope the men here never get it. I have had it four times. in the last four years.

If you're familiar with it, how have you been treated in the past? What have you been told about its causes from a good doctor, not the internet?

I have reached my wit's end and would appreciate any help from this group.

Thank you.

fleemoore

I had a friend who had that condition. His doctor told him it’s because he previously had a chlamydia and a gonorrhea infection. People who have HIV also get it. Chlamydia and gonorrhea were treated with antibiotics in my friend early on, but he still had the symptom left of what you’re suffering from. Sounds excruciating.

@snow, thanks for the feedback. I have been with only one woman in my 73 years so I know that is not my situation. I'm going to pursue this when I get back to my regular urologist. (He is the fifth one I've had since 2017.)

You can get some STDs like Herpes, HPV, and Gonorrhea from toilet seats. HIV can only live for 30-60 seconds outside of the 97.9’F - 99.0’F temperature of human blood, but technically, women could get it from a toilet seat, but less so, men. HPV, in comparison, can live on a toilet seat for a couple of days because it can tolerate extreme temperature fluctuations. It’s also extremely contagious. In the scheme of things, HIV has horrible consequences, but it’s actually not that transmissible compared to most of the rest of them. HIV is way, way, wayyyyyy less contagious than COVID. I agree it’s not likely that you have an STD having only had one partner and 73 years, but when I volunteered for the Utah A.I.D.S. Foundation on the help hotline, I got a lot of calls from people saying, “I just found out I have HIV, which means my spouse cheated. I want to kill myself.” Also happened to my best friend’s mom who I’ve known for 39 years. Her husband cheated and on her with multiple women, gave her HPV, which gave her uterine cancer and led to her having to have a total hysterectomy. I agree with you that that’s probably not the cause of the condition for you, but it might not hurt to ask.

@fleemoore Thank you. Good luck with treatment for your condition. Regardless of the cause, the symptoms sound like pure hell!

I just looked it up and found this:

"Risk factors for epididymitis that's not sexually transmitted include: Having a prostate or urinary tract infection. Having a medical procedure done that affects the urinary tract, such as insertion of a urinary catheter or scope into the penis. An uncircumcised penis."

@MezaJarJarBinks, Thank you for your input. Most of my prostate is gone due to surgeries. I haven't had a catheter or scope inside for over a year. I am circumcised.

You can see why I'm so frustrated that these are happening. My last event was in February of this year. I was in the hospital for a week just to get IV antibiotics.

If anyone has a truly spectacular urologist they would like to suggest, I'm at the point where I may need to travel to find someone who can help me hopefully put an end to these.

I have been very pleased with my group in the Kansas City Metro area.

Kansas City Urology Care

Dr. Samuel J KUYKENDALL (ker-ken-doll)

Corporate Medical Plaza
10701 Nall
Overland Park, KS 66211

St. Luke’s Medical Plaza III
4321 Washington
Suite 5300
Kansas City, MO 64111

816-531-1234 (for all appointments)
www.kcurology.com