Emsella.com

Archives1

Staff member
Hi, I’ve recently heard about this machine that enables you to do a large amount of kegels automatically in a short amount of time. My physical therapy recommend this to me. And I see it’s done in a lot of chiropractor and or beauty spas. Has anyone done this machine before? And have you seen any results?

I haven’t tried it but I have heard of it. Keep in mind chiropractors are not medical spas, nor is anyone working at a beauty spa. I would ask your urologist or physical therapist.

Speaking of doing Kegels, I received a new round of Botox this week and found out I now to learn how NOT to clench my pelvic muscle. Now I have to go back to my PT to learn how to un-Kegel. I know I’ve always been ultra physically tense primarily because of anxiety. I’m sure becoming incontinent and staying single has only made me more tense.

mustangmike1971 said:
Hi, I’ve recently heard about this machine that enables you to do a large amount of kegels automatically in a short amount of time. My physical therapy recommend this to me. And I see it’s done in a lot of chiropractor and or beauty spas. Has anyone done this machine before? And have you seen any results?

Yo mikey ,
Not sure which device you are discussing but i can tell you the k-goal product works ….unequivocally!

Typo, sorry: I didn’t mean “chiropractors are not medical spas“, I meant “chiropractors are not medical doctors.”

Definitely consult with a urologist or a pelvic physical therapist. My PT told me that too many too few or incorrect pelvic exercise can actually be counter productive and make it worse.

And I specifically mean pelvic therapist. General PTs are great but the muscles down there need a special expertise.

@Newbie2this I completely agree.

@fleemoore Excellent post!

@mustangmike1971 One thing to consider is if Emsella is covered by your health insurance. If not, the sessions will be expensive. There are many articles indicating it isn’t covered by insurance, but I found a pretty recent story by ABC stating most insurance companies and Medicare are now paying for it. Who knows what the truth is anymore with the Internet, though. I’d call your insurance company or ask your physical therapist or urologist.

If you’re interested in Emsella, you may also be interested in these devices you can purchase and own for a much more affordable price than Emsella sessions if you have to pay for them. You can take it everywhere with you. There are several versions of these things out there. I’ve never tried them but a number of people on the forum have tried them and found success:

Hopefully they’ll read this note and maybe comment on the particular versions of this that worked for them.

Even if these machines help strengthen your pelvic muscle, you must still do Kegels to learn how to flex and contract that muscle to your benefit, so you can hold your pee in for a few minutes when you need to, or even just for a few seconds, while you go from sitting to standing. It’s like strengthening any other muscle in the gym; there probably aren’t really any shortcuts which work as well as well as doing the hard work yourself.

Maybe you should give Emsella a try at least once; there’s nothing to lose except for the financial payment you have to make. Hopefully if your insurance doesn’t cover it, perhaps you can afford it yourself.

I tried the Emsella Chair about 18 months after surgery. At the time I was about 70% continent but felt I hit a wall and was not improving. I was using 3-4 mini pads per day. I had 6 sessions over a 6 week period at $300 per session. The chair has been primarily used for female incontinence resulting from childbirth but over the past couple of years extended to men. I didn't feel any different after going through the 6 sessions. I kept doing my Kegals everyday as recommended and I am currently at 95% continent wearing one mini pad per day.
So my recommendation is to keep doing your Kegals every day because they do work and it cost you nothing.