Emsella Chair

Archives1

Staff member
Hi all!!

Yesterday I learned about the Emsella Chair. Has anyone tried this therapy and if so, did you find improvement in your incontinence?

The emsella chair had been around for a few years. It stimulates the pelvic area like you're doing Kegal exercises to the tune if 10,000 times. It uses electromagnetic therapy. According to the info I read, each treatment costs around $300.00, and most people need 4-6 treatments. It takes several weeks to see results and follow up visits every six months. You also need to continue kegal exercises in between and after treatments.
I believe this is geared to women, but not sure.
Hope this answers your questions

Here in Raleigh they are opening up Spa type places, the core offering is that chair. Apparently it’s supposed to stimulate lots & lots of Kegels all at once… Somebody is investing a bunch of money in it so I hope it’s for real???
Last year the big thing was Spas specializing in that hyeloronic acid, previously used to repair/ regenerate joint cartilage, and smooth out joints. They then began the skin treatments etc. etc. etc.
I’ve now been told the more advanced orthopedists have stopped using it as it also destroys the good cartilage permanently damaging the joint…
I’d talk with my Doc about the chair???

I used it 6 months post surgery.the program is expensive, and I needed axtra couple weeks to see some improvement. After the the first program, the offer somthing like $95 a month. You can bargain with them. I'm not sure how much it help me. I didn't continue with it.
November will be 2 Yeats post surgery and I just have minor stress leaks and a rising PSA. Next month I'm going in for a sling, and then radiation. Radiation will prevent you from getting a sling, sibling first. Radiation will also prevent any improvement from stress leaks.

***UPDATE*** So I spoke with the Nurse Practitioner at the Doctor's office where I was referred and she explained the process to me. The cost is $3,500 and for that I will receive between 8-16 treatments. After the final treatment, I can come in and use the chair whenever I feel like I need it. She said each session stimulates the pelvic floor into thinking it just did 22,000 Kegels in 20 minutes. And that it tightens the pelvic floor. I'm not sure that would be good for me as apparently the walls of my pelvic floor are very tight and my goal is supposed to try to relax the muscles. I also have an Interstim device which could potentially keep me from trying it. I gave the NP all the information I had about the Interstim and she is going to call them tomorrow to get clarification whether it would be safe for me to use. If I decide to try it, I will update y'all on my progress in a few weeks. Thanks everyone for your comments. Appreciate it very much!

Is that $3,500 after insurance or without insurance? If the intersim is compatible and strengthening your kegel muscles are the only missing element to continence for you, I pray this works for you!

Insurance does not cover this procedure. I had 6 sessions ($300 per session) on the emsella chair. It's been around for a while but mostly used for women who have incontinence issues from childbirth. My continence is about 95% back but I still needed to use a minipad daily. I found no noticeable gain from using the chair so I felt I wasted $1,800. I'm sticking with doing my daily Kegel exercise routine until I'm 100%.