Emergency surgery

Archives1

Staff member
Hello everyone. I landed in the hospital Tuesday early morning to find out that my gallbladder had to come out. I was in so much pain prior to going. Stupid me didn't call 911. I ended up driving to the hospital. Oh well, the bad pain was over. My folks are watching over me now for a few days. I'm glad I went when I did. The surgeon said it was infected and a gallstone was blocking the inlet. Been taken it easy now and hoping to go back to work on Monday.

Wow that is an incredibly painful condition and often arises fast.
Glad you got to the hospital safely and the worst is behind you!
Avoid greasy fatty foods for awhile this will take a bit to get used to at first while you adjust. Bowel urgency csn occur. Nursed my daughter throught it.Quick recovery but be kind to yourself!

Glad you got that taken care of. I had to have mine checked this year but luckily it was not what is causing my pain. Still have the pain and no answers.

Best wishes for a quick and uneventful recovery @JWT! It is good you got it in time. You're lucky to have folks to watch over you through your recovery. As for getting back to work, that's amazingly quick but please don't over do it!!! Feel better soon!!

I had my gallbladder out when I was 20. Was in the hospital for a week until they finally figured out the damn thing was dead! Surgery was easy and I did land back in the er aftwards but it turned out to be gas from the surgery. If you have intense pain turn on your right side! For some reason that releases the gas. I don’t know if they still do surgery the same way now but (that was 24 years ago) but my recovery was pretty easy. Here’s to a good recovery for you!

Glad everything worked out safely in the end for you. Get rest and I hope you heal quickly with no issues.

Cheers

Jason

JWT, I feel your pain! On 9/16 I went to the ER by ambulance in serious pain. It was my gall bladder. Because the hospitals are so overwhelmed, I had to wait until the morning of 9/18 for surgery. On 9/19 they determined that I wasn’t doing very well and pretty much insisted I had to go for rehab. Oh, nightmare, without my supplies. I had to deal with so many obstacles and issues with my incontinence. Today I am home and I’m about to crawl into my very own bed and have a good, peaceful night of sleep. I hope you recover well.

Maymay941 said:
Wow that is an incredibly painful condition and often arises fast.
Glad you got to the hospital safely and the worst is behind you!
Avoid greasy fatty foods for awhile this will take a bit to get used to at first while you adjust. Bowel urgency csn occur. Nursed my daughter throught it.Quick recovery but be kind to yourself!
. You aren’t kidding! I had my gallbladder out in 2010, greasy and fatty foods will still lead me to severe urgency, especially with my autonomic neuropathy.

JWT said:
Hello everyone. I landed in the hospital Tuesday early morning to find out that my gallbladder had to come out. I was in so much pain prior to going. Stupid me didn't call 911. I ended up driving to the hospital. Oh well, the bad pain was over. My folks are watching over me now for a few days. I'm glad I went when I did. The surgeon said it was infected and a gallstone was blocking the inlet. Been taken it easy now and hoping to go back to work on Monday.
Glad you are getting better, I know that the pain for gallbladder blockages is intense, it was for me. If you ever have trouble with bowel incontinence, this may be tricky for you if you eat any fatty foods. Due to my autonomic neuropathy, it was tricky for me.

@JWT

I have had stones for about 30 years, but thank God they are not blocking the bile duct and they don't hurt.

Hope you feel better soon. I had mine out last December, after a bad stomach ache once a month for a year and a half. My doc said I could try the shotgun diet after a few weeks. That's eating everything and seeing if you tolerate it well, ha ha! He did say most people that have digestive issues after surgery, may have had issues prior to surgery..