Embarrassed putting on diapers in front of Spouse?

Archives1

Staff member
I was wondering if anyone else is embarrassed if their spouse (S.O., etc.) sees them putting on their diapers? It didn't so much bother me if she saw me just wearing them as she had seen me wearing some type of protective garments for several years before I finally went to tape-ups. But somehow the act of actually putting them on in front of her just made me cringe. She didn't mind at all and never even blinked when she saw me taping up my diapers but she (maybe like most women?) is pretty pragmatic when it comes to things like this. Now after quite a few years I've pretty much gotten over this feeling but I'd still prefer she not see me actually putting them on.

My wife sees me put on my pull up diapers all the time.I would use tape ups but they are harder for me to change and tape up by myself.

Im sure its just me but I personally avoid putting them on in front of anyone at all costs. I have in the past and I believe I could tell a loss of attraction in her (wife at the time) it was like flipping a switch. Im not sure she was even aware of it or why.

You are probably projecting your own feelings o to her. Women also have incontinence issues....we all will with aging. Although, I have been married for 48 years and we usually dress in private. Not a big deal

No wife, but my mom roomed with me in a hotel room (we live across the country so we met up in a central city to us) and she went into the bathroom to brush her teeth. I was on my bed laying with my diaper underneath about to pull it up when she walked out bc she forgot something. I could have died. It was awful. I was pretty sure she was ashamed he oldest kid is still in night diapers as well. But it was still more awkward for me.

No wife or S.O. at this time but I have no really startling thoughts about it. However if the wife or S.O. is a nurse or other type of caregiver, or even a child care person, it may not be that big a deal for her.

I don't have a problem if it's another female...i.e. nurse, doctor,caregiver, child care person or wife. I'm sure they seen it plenty of times. Would not be so comfortable with a male.

I did but my wife helped me get over it. My first inclination is to cover up if I rollout of bed, but I find that I worry less and less about it. It took time. Another posted that it's probably you projecting and that's exactly what it was in my case.

Divorced here but never minded putting on my bedwetting diapers in front of her. I’ve probably become a little too casual over the years as I’m 24/7. I put a fresh diaper on in the locker room of my health club all the time. No one ever says anything but I really don’t know what anyone would say. I know I wouldn’t say anything if a guy was putting a diaper on in a locker room. Not my business.
Dr. Appointments are the same story

I won’t put one on in front of someone unless I’m in a hospital and have no choice. I also prefer to dress in private. I’ve never been the person who walks around the locker room naked; I prefer to change behind the bathroom door.

@billliveshere I have found the ladies I have dated that are nurses or in the medical field. dont usually seem to mind at all. Have dated a few elementary teachers that also handled it alright. Im glad you mentioned it.

@Ruhappy Since you’re a player who only has one night stands, how would you even know how if they mind it? It’s not like you see them again to be able to gage how much your diapers gross them out.

Ruhappy, I saw the same loss of attraction/respect from my ex wife. But she down right detested them and was very mean about it. So it was a no brainer to put them on in private. Hospital settings, especially after surgeries, didn't bother me at all.

@snow i wouldnt go so far as to say im a player at all Sometimes its a 1 night stand. Sometimes things progress or go on for a while, sometimes years. But its open, they are free to never contact me again at any time for any reason with no explaination(I never ask or make any contact), ive heard them all so theres no need to waste time on all that awkward stuff thats probably not the truth anyways. I am the way I am due to past experiences that I try to never allow myself to get into again. Its best for me not to get attatched and this seems to have worked for me for a good while. Its not for everyone and I do sometimes develope feelings for someone, which now I relate to that feeling you get when you know your about to get the flu or something, its just not gonna be good in the long run. I was once a good guy.

@Steven1980 same, in the hospital they insist to at least be next to me and let me change to make sure I dont get hurt (by falling or falling off the bed??) or incase I do actually need help even tho I dont think I do. No big deal there.

@snow
snow said:
@Ruhappy Since you’re a player who only has one night stands, how would you even know how if they mind it? It’s not like you see them again to be able to gage how much your diapers gross them out.

TOUCHE`

I was changing two days ago and was not expecting my wife to walk in. Just as I started taping it up, she walked into the bedroom looked at me and just sighed and left. She does not mind them she says and never gives me grief, but the sigh was new and caught my attention. I definitely prefer to not dress in front of her if I can avoid it. I wear shorts over my night diapers as well.

Just a different type of underwear. Tapes or no tapes. Just happy the work. Thanks Northshore and Adam for making great products.