Embarrassed and Skeptical

@Pmikula @MikeJames @billliveshere Thank you for the encouragement. I've set up a appointment with my doctor for next week. The only problem (or maybe not??) is it's going to be a phone call appointment. Pros: I won't be there physically so I'll be safe from corona, I can be more guarded, and won't be as embarrassed.
Cons: I'm wondering if I'll be able to explain in full my incontinence? Should I still write down what I want to say?

All in all, thank you again!

Good morning 23andpee, by all means write down what you want to say and questions you want to ask. I'm glad you're consulting with a doctor even if it is by phone. If I were you I would then try to opt for an in person appointment. For me, I prefer face-to-face and not just talking to a disembodied voice on the phone. I know you're concerned about Covid as I would be. A couple of weeks ago I saw my doctor and everyone in the office took all the precautions such as masks, distancing, etc. In the waiting room, patients sat in every other chair and as I recall all wore masks. So if you plan to come into the doctor's office at some point, just ask the people at the office what they do for precautions. It's a perfectly legitimate question and they won't be surprised at all when you ask. I think at some point they would need to see you I person. Once again, they have "seen it all before" and on a daily basis they deal with much worse problems than what you have. Still embarrassed? Completely understandable! When you go, your first contact "out in back" in the office will be with the nurse. Please feel free to tell her how you feel about this and she should put you at ease. Oh, and before you do your appointment do check to see if your doctor is board certified, or even board-eligible. And do the same if you are referred to a urologist. That simply means that they know their stuff and did not get their medical credentials off the back of a cereal box!!:D And you can ask someone at the office about the doc's education, residency and certifications etc., etc. I hope all of this helps and do let everyone here know how it went!