Dytropan

Archives1

Staff member
In the past couple weeks since I started having bladder control issues and was started on Dytropan I’ve been living in a bit of a brain fog. Fortunately the pills have stopped my incontinence with one exception in the last week and a half. The brain fog and tiredness tho is really hard to deal with and could eventually negatively impact my work in a career I’ve built up to a good place and don’t want to lose.

I’m going into the urologist this week for a full urodynamic test and diagnosis but I’m just wondering if this is something others have run into. If I have to choose between being in control of my brain or my bladder I’ll probably pick brain.

Yes, I have experienced the brain fog. When I was first prescribed this medication they did it in the instant release tablets which were 5mg twice daily. They definitely made me feel foggy, like I couldn't concentrate on anything and I felt like my memory was nonexistent. I also started getting headaches while on it because I swear it felt like my eyes would try to cross when I was looking at my desk computer. That feeling may have been caused by the drowsiness the medication gave me. Overall I had a bad time with the side effects of that medicine. Things did improve when my urologist prescribed the extended release version to be taken once daily. Unfortunately it's still not working 100% but the side effects decreased significantly. I'm going in next week for my consult to also have urodynamics testing done, which I am rather nervous about. If you have any advice there I'd love to hear it.

Keep in mind that there are several different types and brands of incontinence medication out there. My urologist originally tried to prescribed something else but my insurance refused to cover it and I couldn't afford the out of pocket cost so we went to ditropan as a second choice. Sometimes you have to try a few different medications before you find the one that works for you.

I had urodynamic testing. It is very intense but not painful. It can be very helpful in diagnosing problems. One thing I suggest is when you are given a prescription always ask the doctor if you should increase your water intake. Many people think if they don't drink water they will be better off, but that isn't necessarily the case.

Si difficile charge peuve déclencher l'incontinence urinaire. Moi se déclenche care je ressoits des décharge électrique dans le do traits puissance qui me plaque aux sol à chaque fois je me fais desut

@Polleau

To translate from GOOGLE:

--------------------------------------------------------------------

"If difficult tasks can trigger urinary incontinence. Me fires care I resemble electric shock in the do features power that me plate on the ground every time I'm done"

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Maybe one fluent in both English and French can translate better(?).

Quick update. Had a urodynamic last week and also switched medications to Detrol LA. Slightly less effective but no side effects.

Went to the uro to talk about the results yesterday. It’s bladder spasms and the formal diagnosis is UUI and the advice is to look into pelvic physical thearapy and stay on the Detrol.

He suggested diet changes which I am going hard core on, I’m going to a no processed food no caffeine diet. 2 eggs for breakfast, a big salad with mostly dark greens for lunch and a very small salad for dinner only if I feel very very hungry. Will be drinking nothing but water. Has anyone had luck with a strict diet helping out?

How much does weight loss play into this? If I drop 20lbs will that help?

Sorry for the long rant but I guess the bottom line is I don’t accept the fact that everything worked fine one week then the next week Im totally out of control. I don’t accept the “wear diapers and pop pills” approach as a long term thing.