Dreaming I’m urinating and waking to find I am

Archives1

Staff member
A couple of times in the last two weeks I’ve had a nightmare. The nightmare is over, and I dream I’m urinating and finally wake up realizing I am urinating. First time just panties and jammies wet, second time bed a bit wet too. Kinda freaked out. Anyone else experience this? I wrote the first incident off, but twice in two weeks seems like a pattern.

I have those wet dreams all the time. Usually I am dreaming of holding my pee at business meetings, air travel, on the train or stuck in rush hour traffic. Finally, I am at a secure or private place where I can stream away, only to wake up peeing in action and already wet. I change the diaper and bed pad and try to go back to sleep.

Yes, I have had this once too and woke to find I was going. I think it's a common dream which people have.

Yes, it does happen, for those that are not incontinent, it is a huge shock. But those of us that are, it doesn't seem important. In fact we know that the incontinence will continue, but one gets concerned about the dreaming. And is it leading to less sleep. I deal with this daily.

@Joanne Not at all. If you have this on a regular basis, I possibly might look further into the dream and perhaps it is a way of your body letting you know that your bladder is full and needs emptying? Perhaps look at cutting down fluid intake around 2 hours before you go to bed and make sure you have emptied your bladder before you go to sleep?

@Joanne I've never had a nightmare during this scenario. Usually it is a pee dream where I am frantically trying to find a place to pee and then do, restroom, bush or tree. Or I end up wetting my pants in the dream. Not a nightmare feeling though.

Thing is I am never sure if I wet the bed during the dream or if the dream is trigged due to my wet underwear and shorts. Either way there is no panic or nightmare aspect, just a dream of a guy desperate and peeing or desperate and peeing himself.

I don't have a nightmare associated with the dream, but I do dream of urinating. It always means I just wet my bed.

f851356bd6256e65c9814155a64dc514.jpg
you are not the only one who is wetting the bed sometimes and dream of the toilet

Happens to me *every* night, multiple times per night. I wake up to a soaked-through diaper and a wet bed. I get fewer than four hours of sleep per night because I’ve already had chronic insomnia my whole life and now that I have neurogenic bladder, it’s even worse. I have the least amount of bladder control when I’m horizontal. I pee a minimum of ten times per night. You’d think I could find a physician willing to prescribe me some sleep medication, but nope, god forbid I deserve to sleep. The stress and additional insomnia have caused me to gain 80 lbs. since I fell down a cliff. People need sleep to be healthy. My entire body is declining rapidly because of the lack of sleep.

I have had this happen too! I am more recently at the level if urinary incontinence that requires a diaper. I therefore have to wear a diaper at night, a good one too. I have had lower GI problems in the past requiring me to wear diapers on occasion, but it is full time. Thanks to autonomic neuropathy, now bladder and bowel incontinence are happening although bowel is only when I get diarrhea. This is all a struggle for me right now and I know is for all of you as well. I am adjusting to wearing diapers pretty well I feel. It is the idea that others will possibly have to know in the future.

Funny thought that I had concerning this. Does the dream cause the wetting, or does the wetting cause the dream? Not that it matters. lol

@notarobot @jrpoorman I wonder that too. Does the dream come before peeing, during peeing or after you’ve already peed the bed.

Ask Alexa and see if she knows the Answer, or Siri. I would love to know if that is in their database.
I don’t know the answer personally. I’ve gotten some great answers from both devices and some pretty bad ones too.