Down There Care

This all reminds me when I put hair removal cream on my scrotum and left it on for far too long. I have never experienced pain like that before trying to wash the stuff off under the shower.

I shave, not that I can see down there because of my belly, and it helps to prevent ripping hairs off with the sheaths I wear, when I remove it daily.

I shave. Just feels cleaner. I think it helps with odor control too as you don't have a wad of urine soaked hair all day.

@andy1050, @laalaauk and @MikeJames, all of your reasons for shaving "down there" are really valid and are worth considering, as too much hair just gets in the way!

I shave because it makes cleanup after an accident so much quicker and easier, and helps keep me from smelling like pee. I already worry about odor, and I don't want to have to worry about a sodden mass of hair holding the smell!

I've thought about getting electrolysis or laser hair removal so I don't have to keep shaving several times a week, which is a huge nuisance. I haven't priced it, but my impression is that it's pretty expensive, so I haven't really pursued it at this point. One of these days I'll get around to calling some places and getting actual prices to decide if it's worth doing.

I started shaving my scrotum years ago, for all the above reasons. Right after I shave, I put some Aloe Vera cream on and that seems to prevent irritation from the shaving. Definitely the way tovgo

There really is nothing like a shorn scrotum... it's breathtaking- I highly suggest you try it. *Dr. Evil

Serious question,. How do you handle butt hair? Having bowel issues makes us having hair around the anus very annoying and hard to shave. I have a philps one blade that I us but can't my own butt so.. I have tried using the stand over mirror method but it's still not a full proof.

@ThatFLGuy I use the BikiniPerfect trimmer made by Phillips, I’ll lay down on a disposable pad and shave by feel, it seems to work well enough for me. On a related note, don’t be tempted to try a hair removal cream or lotion, while effective it BURNS!

Hi @FlGuy, the advice from @tallnbald is spot-on! Try that! As for hair removal cream or a depilatory, that can be bad news since the nerve structure around that area you mentioned is such that things are extremely sensitive there! But with the trimmer mentioned above that can be done carefully enough without the irritation and burning of a depilatory cream or lotion.

@ThatFLGuy Snap!

I stand under the shower in the bath, bend over and with a scraping action, reach behind and swipe from scrot to back. Can also prize one cheek apart and get in there that way too.

I have down there about once a week these days. I have been considering laser hair removal though as shaving can sometimes be a pain and if I go to long it just makes it worse.