Don't trust fedex for your medical supplies.

Archives1

Staff member
My diapers have been sitting in a town about 3 hours north of me since the 1st of the month. They were ordered on the 25th. I'm not going to be trusting fedex anytime soon. I'm really angry over this. I've already had to spend even more money on diapers because they can't keep their promises.

I take it that you have a tracking number. Call the company that you ordered from and let them know what is happening. For the most part they will resolve the issue and send out more diapers to cover for the lost diapers. Companies what to keep there customers happy. Or call FedEx and see why they are holding the package. There might be an issue.

I've done both and while appreciate the support of the supplier. It's fedex that's the issue, I've called them and was essentially told we will get it to you when we get it to you. It's because of this that I say screw fedex.

That is really unfortunate!!!!! I’ve never had that issue with them but have had plenty of issues with speedee delivery and will never use a company that uses them!! I warn you all that speedee is everything but!! They do t care about customers and make that well known when you call!!!!!

That is crazy. You think that they would step up to make thing right. I guess that is the world we live in now. That's pretty sad.

It is, what it is. I wouldn't be upset if it were a book or clothing or something else, but medical supplies, even as mundane as diapers, is a completely different story, at least in my opinion.

I get mine delivered by Fed-Ex I have no control over the shipper and the lazy drivers just drop the boxes on my porch and run I could be at home with the boxes sitting on my porch all day and not know that they are there and with the porch pirates out there who knows

FedEx is so different at other places. Never had a problem with them. Heck, i live rural and know the driver by name. She will leave it on the porch if I'm not home, and she comes by in early evening, as this is the end of her route. My dog lets me know when the truck pulls up.
Now, UPS? Sometimes they foist packages off on the Post Office, who might or might not get around to telling you that you have a package, and have very inconvenient hours. So the supply company charges me for UPS, and gets out of part of the cost. I don't deal with those companies again.
Some suppliers give you choice of shipping, some don't. And too many won't ship to where i live, or won't ship through the Post Office, which is cheaper. The Post Office won't deliver to my street address. I tell 'em they just lost a customer - as if they care.
Sad world.

Deraven82
I have been were you are at. Last time i order stuff was when I was finding out when I would have surgery. I was very broke and did not have enough money to buy my supplies myself so was at the will of my family. My Sister is who is helping me with my money situation thanks to a go-fund-me. I use Xp-Medical for everything and lucky everything came in on time....but... I have had school book come it almost a week late from fedex and had to get digital copies to hold me over... UPS is not a lot better... They both should join up so maybe we would not be so FEDUP with their slow service.

Between this and northshore care reps promising something and failing to deliver and/or reneging on promises made. I have closed my account and also refuse to do business with Northshore care.

That is really too bad to hear deraven!! I had a few problems with Northshore a few years back but nothing since and they’ve actually done a 180 in my opinion as far as customer service goes!! My only complaint is shipping costs!! I hate paying for shipping!!!!!!!

I've honestly had better luck with FedEx, and terrible luck with UPS. The latter has been infamous for losing deliveries that either never arrived, or arrived at the wrong address. I have CCTV's on my property, which has been used to file and prove my claims after a delivery goes missing.

Best of luck with recovering your order, before having to purchase more supplies. Sorry you have to deal with all that.

Update:
Northshore went above and beyond in the end. I really like their products and they have really good customer service. My problem lies in the hands of fedex.

Northshore is wonderful. Some times they will offer free shipping on certain size orders. Great service and great products.

I love the new colored diapers. Wish they would offer in supremes.

I concur. It's a nice break from consistently white obviously medical looking products. The new colors aren't over the top like a lot of AB/DL diapers.

I’ve never even thought of buying a colored or printed diaper as that’s just not me but I will say this; these are allot less obvious if your diaper sneaks out which happens more than you think. I like the supreme lites as they are plenty wide enough for a booster but thin enough to be very discreet and hold there shape extremely well whether worn for an extended amount of time and still dry or wet. May very well be the best American made adult diaper ever made. I do however have to give a huge nod to the Tena active slips(plastic backed) as these are thin and extremely absorbent but they aren’t as thin as the Northshore SL. I keep both on hand now.

To PETEJC: I don't hate paying for shipping, per se. What i hate is the suppler refusing to use the cheapest method (like the Post Office) or not giving you a choice, and charging way more than we know the shipper charges. Alaskans learn to deal with cost - we know we cost the suppler more, sometimes, but we can't get it here, and especially if we don't live in Anchorage. I'm not in the "bush" (defined as "off the Road System), but the stores out of Anchorage charge more and have less selection. I prefer buying local, but even shipping cost are less than spending an entire day driving round-trip to Anchorage (if the product is even there), so what else do you do except mail-order? Evenwih our address, sometimes a supplier gives free sipping if we exceed a certain dollar amount, or sign up for auto-"refill".
I've even been told we don't have UPS up here, a patently ridiculous excuse.
UPS puts it on my porch, because I've asked the driver to, our porch is sheltered from the weather, and house is so far from the road that no one can see it.