Does Medicaid Cover Inter-stim?

Archives1

Staff member
Hey NAFC community;

Does Medicaid Cover Interstim implimentation? I was just thinking about it this afternoon as i recently became eligible and im shocked at how much insurance does not cover certain things.

I was fortunate enough while my mirabegron (myrbetriq prior to not working) - was covered under Private Insurance. However, my urologist said he sometimes has to fight with the insurance companies to get medication covered. Which leads to Interstim. The interstim trial worked for myself and i saw a modest/moderate improvement in my bladder urgency symptoms and now im wondering if i can get it covered now that i am not under that insurance plan.

Has anybody have any experience with getting Interstim under medicaid? Also, which model did you get? I was shown 2 different models; one with a longer battery life.

Blessings In Christ,
Honeeecombs

LeeC said:
I did get Interstim on Medicaid (twice), but it did not work either time.

Thank you Lee. It worked for the time that I had it thankfully. I'm very fortunate to have a urologist who implanted both sides and using his instruction of non heavy lifting/bending over, etc - I found it effective. I'm praying to God that it will be an option in the near future.

Other than that - I've been trying to stay active and do more things lately. I'm starting to get into good spirits with the weather getting nicer. Tonight my significant other reassured that my dad and step mother make me feel trapped in my apartment. My mother explained it like a fishbowl a few days back. A bowl she once had that I have since inherited.

Thanks Lee for responding. God bless you.

Blessings In Christ,
Honeeecombs

I can't say whether it's covered by Medicaid, though I imagine it varies state to state.

I got mine in late 2020. I got the then-new MRI-approved leads, and the version of the Interstim with the non-rechargeable battery. My logic is that it's going to get improved, so in a few years when the battery dies I'll be able to upgrade to the latest greatest version.

It's helped me a lot, though it hasn't completely cured my incontinence problems.

ltapilot said:
I can't say whether it's covered by Medicaid, though I imagine it varies state to state.

(When I was Served yesterday on 5/25/2022 I was given 3 sheets of paper that were trifolded and were dated for the previous month. I've always recieved paperwork non folded. Alot of the information on the serving was incorrect and falsified and signed and notorized by my Landlord and his Representative.) I believe it was purposefully folded and dated prior. Putting this in a quote just in case for retaliatory purposes)

I got mine in late 2020. I got the then-new MRI-approved leads, and the version of the Interstim with the non-rechargeable battery. My logic is that it's going to get improved, so in a few years when the battery dies I'll be able to upgrade to the latest greatest version.

It's helped me a lot, though it hasn't completely cured my incontinence problems.

Thanks @ItaPilot;

I'm hoping that it helps myself. I am going to look into this more tomorrow. Thank you for responding. God bless you.

Blessings In Christ,
Honeeecombs