Does anyone have experience with the Rezum Method

Archives1

Staff member
Hello,

I am currently considering prostate surgery, and I would be interested to know if any of you have experience with the Rezum method. It is supposed to be very gentle - the question I ask myself is whether it really is, and how effective it is. The size of the prostate and PSA would fit me (only BPH).

Thanks

Hi Michael,

Unfortunately I do not know much about urinary issues when it comes to enlarged prostates or anything in regaurds to issues surrounding that organ.

I can however say, that I have a friend who's husband has urinary issues with enlarged prostate and he is always having to make trips to the urologist because of it. I am fortunate enough I suppose to have a condition that is more neurological so I am unfamiliar with that method.

However, like any issue - I would recommend getting a licensed doctor/urologist advice on what is best for you and your body and overall better quality of health.

You caught me at an awkward time in the states here as I have been up with digestion issues. Greetings from the US. I am sure you will get more responses by next day your time.

Blessings In Christ,
Honeeecombs

@MichaelDahlke

Yes, I have had the REZUM procedure. My prostate was causing some pain when urinating. My urologist suggested this procedure. He is quite skilled at various urology surgeries. He said, "It is embarrassingly simple. It takes less than 5 minutes." It has worked very well for me.

I always insist on having general anesthesia, and he is always happy to do that for me. Therefore, it was painless for me. I only needed 2 shots of steam to shrink my prostate.

It takes a little time for the swelling to go down, and then more time for the body to remove the dead cells. So, things improve as time goes by.

I pray that you find a skilled surgeon who has lots of experience. May God bless you.

Hi: I typed in the word "Rezum" in DuckDuckGo and got "rezum prostate procedure", among others.

Two URLs

1) [note: it is from the maker.] https://www.rezum.com › what-is-rezum › how-does-it-work.html
How Does Rezūm Water Vapor Therapy Work | Rezūm Procedure
The Rezūm System is intended to relieve symptoms, obstructions, and reduce prostate tissue associated with BPH. It is indicated for men ≥ 50 years of age with a prostate volume 30cm3 ≤ 80cm3. The Rezūm System is also indicated for treatment of prostate with hyperplasia of the central zone and/or a median lobe.

2) [N.I.H. is National Institute of Health - a government agency, as are the other Initials.] https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov › pmc › articles › PMC6180381
Rezum: a new transurethral water vapour therapy for benign prostatic ...
The Rezum procedure is a novel minimally invasive therapy for treating BPH. So far, data from available studies point towards good clinical outcomes with a short-term risk of self-limiting minor complications. Its application has demonstrated clinical effectiveness and possesses specific benefits that distinguish it among other treatments.

One of the more hopeful signs, looks like. Hopes this helps, or at least gives anyone a starting point for research.

Thank you for your answers. Unfortunately, it's not that easy with the urologists. Rezum is at least in Germany not a standard method and there are not so many clinics that offer it. If you ask the clinic, they tell you that everything works fine. When I ask my urologist, he prefers to swing the laser sword.

If you ask a lot of questions, you get a lot of answers - that's why I found it helpful that there was a "positive" message here. I also think that this procedure is better than the usual ones. However, I would be pretty pissed if I had paid the 2000€ for nothing because it did not work. Unfortunately, Rezum is not yet covered by health insurance in Germany.

MezaJarJarBinks said:
@MichaelDahlke

Yes, I have had the REZUM procedure. My prostate was causing some pain when urinating. My urologist suggested this procedure. He is quite skilled at various urology surgeries. He said, "It is embarrassingly simple. It takes less than 5 minutes." It has worked very well for me.

I always insist on having general anesthesia, and he is always happy to do that for me. Therefore, it was painless for me. I only needed 2 shots of steam to shrink my prostate.

It takes a little time for the swelling to go down, and then more time for the body to remove the dead cells. So, things improve as time goes by.

I pray that you find a skilled surgeon who has lots of experience. May God bless you.

Did this stop your incontinence if you had it?