Doctor appointment

Archives1

Staff member
I have a appointment to get my retracting testical looked at to hopefully have corrective surgery. For the doctor to diagnose me they will need to do a physical exam but I am unsure how to handle that with my brief. Do I need to change right before the appointment so I don’t have a wet brief, but I might still have a wet brief be the time I wait to get seen. Also how awkward is it to have to undiaper and rediaper infront of the doctor. Also what everyone thought of retaping the same brief, just to make it simpler at the doctor. me personally will not retap a wet brief matter if it’s only just a little a leak just feel disgusting. Sorry if that doesn’t makes sense I just feel uneasy about this. I haven’t seen this doctor before and have never had to undiaper at doctor before

I would definately change and clean up. I have never had the doctor or nurses watch me undress. They usually are at least turned around doing something else(or acting like they are) or they leave the room for a bit. Usually they give you one of those gowns to put on too. Altho Im not familier with the procedure your having.

I would plan on changing into a dry brief when they ask you to gown up.
If you are wer that would explain you have an incontinue issue and need to change and change again in a private room. If you use wet wipes you could swab yourself in the wet change situation.

It’s not an uncommon problem. Just be courteous and clean up and have a clean pad or brief on. I had to have mine fixed too. Was sore for a bit afterward. May want to make sure they give you some pain meds for post op. Certainly more comfortable once it’s fixed though and you heal.

@trucker, I would change into a dry brief before going into the exam room. And explain your situation to the nurse. I know it's strange for you, especially seeing a new doctor but they have heard it and seen it all before! Is this doctor a urologist? If so, then nothing that you wear should surprise him. Whenever I've had to "disrobe" and put on a gown they do leave the area so you can do it in private. And is your issue noted in the forms you fill out when you first come to their office? That way you'll have all bases covered. I can understand why you feel uneasy. I know I would. But the best thing is to be courteous and take the nurse, doctors and others you may meet into your confidence and they will be on your side. Hope this helps!

@Trucker: I'd put on a premium pull-up like an Abena Abriflex, a Molicare Mobile, or Northshore Premium Pull-up and just go in for the appointment. These doctors have seen it all before, and especially if you have put this information on the paperwork you filled out before going in this will be no issue at all. In fact the removing or putting on of a pull-up will be similar to what you (and they) would expect you to do with regular underwear. At some point it's important that you just have to own it and it won't be that big of a deal to the others.

I have had lots of exams done. I change right before I get there but sometime wait hours and am wet. I just pull my diaper down like underwear then pull back up after.

Tell the staff that you have incontinence, and ask them to put a chux on the exam table, and you can lie on that.

Thank everyone I like the ideal of using a pull-up style vs brief but I stop buying them awhile ago sense my issue has gotten worse. Yes the doctor is a urologist so I’m sure she had dealt with this often. Just didn’t know what to expect with these kinda exams.

@jrpoorman You said you had yours fixed. My I ask what is included in the exam to make the official diagnosis. Also how did the surgery go and how was the recovery.
Thank you just nervous about anyone cut into that area

I had a hernia to be repaired too at the same time. They pulled it down to release the muscle that was causing the problem and put mesh in the hernia to repair that.
Was pretty sore for a couple weeks afterward but helped allot.