Do you have a support system

Archives1

Staff member
Personally, I do, first is my PCP, who is very understanding, and she looks for ways to keep me comfortable, then her nurse who Foley caths me and gives me ideas to make my Foley cathing much more tolerable. My sister who will change me if needed, wife and her sister who will eventually live with us and will help with my care. And one more my sister in law that lives elsewhere, and told me if I could visit she will come and get me and give me the care I need.
Also a caretaker that can come in, or I stay with her

Guess I have a lot to be thankful for

Boomer

I havent had a support system for almost 10 years. In the past I had help here and there when needed. Mostly that was help with shopping for supplies at stores. In the past have had help with foleys but dont use those now days. I do feel fortunate that I dont need any help with changing or anything and that I can shop online for any suppies.

@Ruhappy I'm in a similar position. I am able to do my own changes and I get supplies delivered. My own doctor is very helpful and the continence service continue to be very helpful.

It’s not just important to have a support system but it’s crucial, incontinence can easily cause many more issues and if anyone on heat doesn’t have a support system I am sure we can help you with that!! I’ve got my wife who doesn’t need to be involved in anyway with it at this time but she does give me more emotional support than I could ever ask for!!

A support system I would say is essential when dealing with issues like incontinence.

My incontinence is a side effect of my ms so just dealing with all of it. And to make matters worse would be all the unknowns of ms to come in the future.

I have my amazing wife, and our 2 kids. Our eldest Erica just turned seven and her younger brother just turned 4 back at the beginning of May.

I see my counsellor weekly, so I am able to discuss anything I want to. And she makes sure I am not totally nuts lol. I am very fortunate that I have the attitude in that I do not care what people think about me. Which I think has been a godsend when dealing with the incontinence issues and just accepting I have special underwear.

I am also very grateful for my friends especially my 2 close friends and my best friend my wife. I have learned to accept the unknown and live each day / moments to the maximum. Enjoy all the time I have on this gorgeous planet and be thankful and grateful for everything. This forum is another great group so we can connect with people of similar issues and don’t have to feel like social outcasts. Because we are not, we just have a few issues most people never have to deal with in life or until very late in life.

Circling back to the topic support groups I believe are essential to survive in this hectic world. Be grateful and enjoy the life we are given and be grateful no matter how difficult it can be to get to the stage to show gratitude.

And as my wife and I always say if your going through hell just keep walking, why would anyone stop just keep walking just keep walking it’s hell after all no sense trying to smell the roses. There aren’t any roses in hell. Or take a page out of Dori’s book. Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming.

I do I got both my sisters one of my sisters I was born with hirschsprung's disease and she been in diapers all her life I got my dad and my grandma as well

I have the support of my wife and in-laws. My daughter is 4 and too young to understand and my parents wouldn't understand and they would think I was crazy for wearing the diapers despite my need for them.

My support system includes my wife, my doctors, home care 'personal support worker' twice a day, with a home care nurse every 2 months to monitor my situation.

While I'm able to walk short distances, I do use a wheelchair frequently. So on occasion I have THAT for support (it supports my arse) lol