Do Absorbent products help you?

sj2016

I hate the reason in life that I'm always stopping what I am doing is because I have to go to the bathroom. And when sitting in traffic or at work, I'll worry I'll have an accident, fidgeting around trying to hold it in.

So I talked to my doctor about transitioning to wearing protection/pull-ups, and it helped me feel better.

How do you know when it's the right time to use them for relief? What if the restroom is close by but it just can't wait or you don't have permission to go? Would appreciate hearing from your experiences.

What you are describing could be the symptoms of OAB /urge incontinence (incontinence in case it comes to unvoluntary loss of urine). When starting to wear (and to use) protection is your own decision. Some people try to avoid protection as much as possible, trying to use the bathroom even without urge, staying near bathrooms or planning activities around availability of them…

I have a combined dribble and urge incontinence, for the dribbling part I have to wear thin protection anyway; the decision for myself to switch to much more absorbent products which also can handle more than just some spurts but full bladder contents (and more) was easy for me. I wanted to continue my active and social life in the same way I did before becoming IC and not to arrange my life around my IC. Yes, wearing (and using) diapers for managing my IC enhanced my quality of life dramatically and I‘m happy that I made this step. My doc supported me with the decision instead of playing with meds (with not so nice side effects) in order to reduce the urges simply to use protection ( without side effects) as long as I‘m OK with it.

I hate the reason in life that I'm always stopping what I am doing is because I have to go to the bathroom. And when sitting in traffic or at work, I'll worry I'll have an accident, fidgeting around trying to hold it in.

So I talked to my doctor about transitioning to wearing protection/pull-ups, and it helped me feel better.

How do you know when it's the right time to use them for relief? What if the restroom is close by but it just can't wait or you don't have permission to go? Would appreciate hearing from your experiences.
Hi I find the whole business about wearing waterproof protection for my bladder problem very embarrassing , but it's a lot less embarrassing than wetting yourself in public . I am totally urinary incontinent and without the use of diapers I wouldn't be able to go out in public . However I use Tena Slips, free from the NHS here in the UK and because of this I can live an almost normal life. But I still get extremely nervous telling anyone about my bladder control ( or lack of ) So with me it's a case of not going out in public or wearing a diaper and a pair of waterproof pants. So because I like and need to go out it's a diaper and plastic pants all the way for me.
However in a few weeks time I will need to spend three or four nights in hospital due to a non incontinence related operation. This is a mega scary prospect for me. You asked when the best time is to use protection even if the toilet is close by afraid that is just trial and error , but you don't want to be using protection and still struggle and maybe fail to make it to a bathroom. With me I don't get any sensation if I need to go for a pee I find that I've just wet myself. I hope you find all this of interest . All the best.

My issues are huge. I would not have a life without diapers. I have zero bladder control and my bowels are like that of a toddler potty training on my best days.

No matter what, those that love me do not care what I am wearing. Doctors are use to it. People I hang out with don't really know enough for it to matter. If they found out it would not really change what I do or don't do.

Over all diapers are part of my life and make it so I can live am much as I am able to.