Discretion is the better part of Valor?

Archives1

Staff member
Thinking of the situation of hitting the toilet for an unexpected/expected incontinence at work and thinking of possibly being at someones house for holiday dinner it occurred to me, Can you wear CARGO pants or pants that are made for hiking (lots of big pockets on legs) to work and put male incontinence pads which i assume arent bulky in the big pockets as well as a small number of wet wipes in a zip seal baggie so you can clean up in the restroom until your work break to get another disposable underpant? Also put on one the slim (but not so absorbent) Depends type pull ups in a pocket to tide you over with the assist from the mens incontinence pad.
At a friend or family house can you discreetly leave a couple disposables and wet wipes in a under sink cabinet?
Women who have coped with their periods being unpredictable have a handbag they can put stuff in and do repair to the restroom with it full of the needed supplies. We do that all the time. So I was thinking how could a man carry a couple items to freshen up.
What made me think of this was that i saw an unfortuate woman clerk at Walmart wearing a hideous Christmas headband today so i heartily wished her my first Merry Christmas of the year! (Holidays, the season of family stressors is upon us).

I carry a backpack my supplies top the restroom when I need to change. I still try to be discreet but it can only go so far.

I often wear cargo pants. What I use on a regular basis is a pull-up along with a pad. When I go out, I will take some pads with me. I put one pad in a 1-quart zip lock bag, and then put one in each of the side cargo pant pockets.

When I have to change I will put the wet pad into the zip lock bag after using the clean pad. If out at a public restroom I will then throw out the wet pad, which is in a zip lock bag into the garbage. If at a friends house, it varies -- if it is family or a good friend who is aware of my issue I will throw the wrapped used pad into their garbage. If it is someone I do now know well, I will just put the wrapped used pad into the now empty cargo pant pocket. At that point, I either keep it there until I leave or I may just "run out to my car" and discard it there until I get home. If I go to the car, in the car, I always have a few clean pads in Zip lock bags which I will then put one into the now empty cargo pant pocket

Don't know why I'm the way I am but as one song from the 60s or 70s said, I'd rather be swinging from trees. (And attired accordingly) so I usually want on, as little as possible. That's why I have so much trouble with Abena and the like and diapers and plastic pants. I carry a bottle of wash, lotion, spray a couple pullups, a few amazingly thin booster pads and a bunch of wipes in a Ziploc bag. It hides nicely in the bag I always take to work with me. In the morning I head for the men's room first. (I also have a smaller bag when I need to carry less). I put pads and small plastic bags in my pocket during the day. When necessary I carry fresh or used in a 7 eleven bag. No one knows by what I carry. I don't wear big baggy pants full of pockets. (Just that lately I'm subject to dangerously profuse situations. So there is the challenge of making this worsening situation as discreet as has been).but I do sort of make the impossible work. But hate hate hate it jus the same.

If you have not tried or heard of Tye Medical (tyemedical.com) I would highly recommend that you go on to their website and check out their pull-up and or brief and ultra-thin pad system. I have tried them and now switched over in part because rather than having to carry bulky diapers or pull-ups you can get away with simply carrying the shaped yet thin pads.
They really work extremely well and are extremely comfortable.
In the interests of full disclosure I like most on these boards suffer from incontinence I am unfortunately on disability due to other medical issues and I have never worked for any incontinent supply manufactures or suppliers and I do not now. This is no more than my opinion and my finds/experiences as a wearer of these products.
Hope this may be of help to you and any others who may read the post.