Discontinued product

Archives1

Staff member
so annoyed just had email to say the pull ups i use are being discontinued in the size i use in the uk. They were always discreet pants super night size m as the large are to big and leak. That kind of leaves me with tenna i think but ive heard lots of negative reviews about them. The search continues ....

In the good-old USA, some things have disappeared from the shelves, but not because they were discontinued, but because of Covid19 disruptions and Government mismanagement. My "type" is often not-in-stock. Of course, the UK doesn't have government mismanagement (he said, tongue in cheek. Or sarcastically. Or in despair. One of those. All of those. A & D only.)
Hang in there. A bad reviewed item might still, in the UK? We recently donated some that didn't work for us to the Senior Center and they got snatched up, so someone thought they might/do work.
Never seen Tena here, but we're rural with small shopping town, so this forum is my source of reviews.

Hi @Alana, I hate it when they discontinue a product that you like! It's maddening, isn't it? I'm sorry that's happening to you. The medium size, I would think, is very commonly used and should be the most popular (my size, by the way). But unfortunately it seems people more prefer the large or X-Large these days. And you're right it you wear something too large it will leak! I've been there and done that! :(
If I were you, I'd try to get samples or at least a smaller packet of the Tena and just try them to see how they work. It's true there have been negative reviews but I think they are probably for the ones made in the U.S. I've never been too impressed with them myself. :( But I understand that the British ones may be better made and who knows it may turn out that you'll think they are great! :D Everyone is different as we all know and not everyone will have the same reaction to the same product!
That said the Depend Night Defense is also a possibility. I think they may have them in Britain although it may be under a different name. Whatever it's called it'll be in a green package with a picture of a woman. But a lot of people do "depend" on them for night time use.
I hope this helps and that you are still hanging in there and doing better!

@Alana Sorry to hear this, dear! @billliveshere is correct: we have often read here on this website that Tena in the UK are the best option, while here in the US they are often considered the worst. Tena hardly sells any options in the US compared to the UK and Europe. So, chin up, and try the UK Tenas and let us know what you think, please! Next time I visit my rellies over there I’ll try the UK Tenas myself!

The ID brand and dry life incontinence products I find good.

Their available in pull ups large pads diapers etc.

Incontinence choice UK and incontinence shop UK you can buy them from amongst other shops.

@Alana I don't know what size you are but on Ebay check out; 7322540574890

They are size large and the price is good so far.

I’m sure we’ve all run into this and the worst part is the search starts again for a comfortable product that works!! It’s not just the hunt but the cost that goes along with it, you end up buying some that don’t work at all and end up giving or throwing them away. I used to by Molicare super slip that had a plastic body and cloth wings that were breathable and didn’t sag like all cloth backed diapers do and they were extremely comfortable and absorbent!! This is such a frustrating part of our lives that makes Incontinence even worse!! I feel your pain for sure and hope you find a solution sooner than later!!

@Petejc, it's kind of like having to take a step backward for every two steps taken forward! Not only is the hunt for what you're looking for a real time waster as well as the cost, but it's the added waiting for your new product to even get here! And I've thrown out quite a few things that didn't work for me, and I've donated others to the local thrift shops.
@Alana, if we haven't already mentioned thrift shops before, that is another good option and bears repeating. You can get things much cheaper there and if you find something that you really like then you can order a bigger supply of them online.
Here's hoping you find something that you like :D really soon but won't bust your checking account!