Different diapers

Archives1

Staff member
So I have used the Megamax since it came out and have used nothing else. But I downloaded this App called Crinkles (name stinks). This app allows me to track how often I wear a diaper for and how many I use in a day. So I started to think that maybe I don’t need the megamax every time. I am a customer of north shore and really like there products and customer support so I bought some different types of diapers to see what happens. Got the NS supremes. Got the pull-up supremes and the lesser megamax plastic backed. Looking forward to see how it turns out

I wear MegaMax exclusively when I’m out. If there is a leak it’s always small that my pul/plastic pants catch. When I’m at home to save money I’ll wear NS Supremrs or abena L4. The supremes have better tapes though imho.

I tried just about everything in my first two months. Quickly learned pull-ups don't work for me! Cloth backed diapers chafed, seem to feel damp and the velcro tabs didn't hold well. Finally settled on NS Supreme. I know for many people there is enough variability in their incontinence they can adjust their protection to the patterns (light day, heavy night, etc.), but mine is consistently heavy all the time so I settled on one product and will add a booster pad several times a week. I know there are people who feel the Supremes are too stiff both out of the package and when wet, but I found I adjusted quickly and the stiffness appears to be a trade-off for clumping which was uncomfortable and led to leaks. I was recently reminded how much I appreciate them when a shipment was delayed by Fedex. I had to use a drugstore brand and the only way I could manage was to change every two hours.

That's the thing we all face with incontinence; in that finding the right thing to wear for all of our needs is a matter of trial and error. We've all had times when whatever we chose to wear didn't work out in the long run and we've all had to find something different and hoped it works out. But once something good is found then we stick with it and know how to adjust what we wear to our day-to-day needs.
But one thing for certain for most of us; the "drugstore brands" aren't as good as the ones we order online and may only be good as a temporary "stop-gap" measure.