diapers/sleep test

Archives1

Staff member
i am going to have a sleep test done this week coming up. i do wear diapers 24/7, i would like to know if you can wear just a diaper and a t-shirt when you go to bed there??? can you bring something to eat/drink too thanks

Well, you can use diapers or my urologist ordered a Foley for me. But I doubt you will need anything to eat, as you will show up at 9ish, and get into bed, she will hook up a bunch of wires, and probably take a sedative. You will be woken maybe a couple times,and leave for home before 7ish, believe me its no party, but no pain and you will find out whats going on. I stop breathing 45 times in one hour. Friend of mine was over 70! Your clothing is fine, although I just used the hospital gown, as I don't like to exploit.

When I had one they asked that you wear more than just underwear, I would guess that would apply to a diaper too.

When I had my sleep study done, I brought a bed chuck so I could protect there bed if my diaper leaked. You will need to bring sleep clothes to wear. The person that monitored my sleep was understanding that I had to wear a diaper. I also told him that I might have to wake up and change.

When I went for my first sleep test I answered the question about nocturnal eunisis truthfully and when I arrived for my test, all the other people were given rooms with regular beds. I got a gurney and plastic sheets. I wore depends pullups and don't think I had a wink of sleep. this was years ago. Then, I needed to get the pressure upped, teh md told me he couldn't do that with anohter sleep test. I asked him if he knew how much those tests cost. He didn't I did. I ended up taking the test because my health was more important than money. Well, that's what they keep telling me (LOL) The second test I had a regular bed. I am almost 70 and I have enough issues with dribbling and weak stream and bedwetting that I wear pullup during most days and tape on most nights. Lately noticed not many stores selling fitted briefs. New thing now is overnight underwear. I actully prefer cloth and overpants. Hard to do in RV

What a bunch of crap, making you sleep on plastic sheets like that, how uncomfortable. They should have asked you how you normally handle it, you would have had a more accurate test that way.

When i had mine done. I bought a chux along. They told me to wear shorts over my diaper. No biggie nothing else was said.

JWT said:
When I had my sleep study done, I brought a bed chuck so I could protect there bed if my diaper leaked. You will need to bring sleep clothes to wear. The person that monitored my sleep was understanding that I had to wear a diaper. I also told him that I might have to wake up and change.

Yes, but personally with me, I didn't have to say anything to the nurse in charge,, there was very obviously protection, in fact 2 of them. She did help me undress, and she knew I had a Foley, but also had afresh diaper change on nightstand,water, so it was very comforting.

Everything is in my medical history

I had a sleep study done about 5 years ago when I was just nighttime incontinent. I did not disclose this to my Dr. that ordered it, but I did put it on my application that I handed in the night of my sleep study. They allowed me to change into my pajamas and I also put on my diaper at that time Nothing was said as they were putting all the wires on me. They didn't have to lift my shirt so I was never exposed. I did wake up about 1 1/2 hours before the study was done and had an urgent need to urinate and my diaper was soaked. I was able to call them in and they walked me to the private bathroom and I had privacy to take off my diaper and use the bathroom. I luckily didn't have sleep apena.