Diaper tearing apart in the back

Archives1

Staff member
Does anyone experience the diaper tearing in the back leaving diaper fluff as you walk? I had it happen to me a few times and find it embarrassing.

I second the previous sentiment. If you're wearing a smaller size than your measurements then this is more prone to happening. Most brands I wear a medium but if I buy a Northshore Megamax then I buy a small as that particular product runs large. I would suggest buying the next size up from what your current product is.

@Percara Hi Percara, yes I have had my diaper tear but I learned along time ago to wear a cover like Garywear and have never left a trail of fluff, I also use 4care body suits to help keep things in place. But remember everybody is different, something that works for one person doesn't mean it will work for somebody else. Also remember you get what you pay for, so if your pocket can take it, buy the best for the best protection.

@Percara Sometimes, because I broke my hip it takes me rolling on our bed from side to side to pull it up. Sometimes, I poke a hole in the back with my thumb if I pull too hard. - Most companies will send you a 2 sample pack for free - but it can take a while to arrive.

Hi @Percara, I had this happen a time or two. From my experiences, YMMV…It might be a combination of a couple factors 1) how tight you tape the diaper/brief, 2) too much SAP levels, and 3) your movements like squatting or up/down activities.

Overall, only aim for a snug fit, tighter isn’t better. Lastly, if your situation allows, consider changing more often verses mega-Godzilla absorbency.

The following suggestion depends on your mobility: Start with taping the top tapes by standing against a wall with bent knees, this helps to create a tighter waist fit. For the bottom tapes, straighten up into a normal stance and secure them for a snug fit; Not so tight to leave marks or over stretch the tapes/diaper.

I’ve had tears plenty of times. I was almost done my day at work and decided to go fill up my coffee cup. When I stood up my leg felt wet. I checked my self and no leak. I walked to the kitchen got my coffee and turned around to walk back and saw wet gel pieces all over the floor. I grabbed a new diaper and went to the bathroom to change and discovered That the diaper had ripped right down the center. Gel got everywhere as I changed. My pants had a big wet stripe in the back to boot.

I've had diapers split in the back a few times, with different brands too. The second time it happened, I was in a large dept store, leaking wet diaper clumps out of my pant leg as I walked.. Talk about embarrassed!!! After that, I ALWAYS wear plastic pants over my diapers. It's happened again since then, but the snug elastic leg bands on my plastic pants keep everything in place, whether it's dry "diaper fluff" or wet diaper clumps. Also, the plastic pants help to muffle the crinkle sound of my disposable diapers.