diaper pails

Archives1

Staff member
I was using a Diaper Dekor which cost about $40.00 it came with a scented continuous bag that you would fill and cut the bag with the built-in cutter and tie it shut and tie a knot on the other side to form the next bag it had an odor flap in the top and the lid was opened with a foot pedal well the continuous liner bags are a rather expensive well the Diaper Dekor will work with 13-gallon tall kitchen trash bags so I started using the Walmart Great Value scented trash bags and the work fine well the Diaper Dekor is poorly made the first thing to break was the odor flap broke off and the door wouldn't stay shut well I put up with this for a few years well I started shopping for a new diaper pail well I looked at many different pails and compared prices and capacity I even looked at the Akord and even some of the infant pails like the Ubbi well with capacity and prices I didn't really see anything I wanted what I wound buying was a Mainstays 13-gallon stainless steel trash can with a motion sensor lid I used the scented trash bags and on the inside of the lid I have a little tree Black Ice air freshener taped to the lid with packing tape and the trash can was only $40.00Mainstays 13.2 gallon stainless steel trash can

1ad5b9e88e9c2d76f192eed4709cd255.jpg

What I use is a battery operated lid metal trash can I got at Walmart. It's a 13 gallon can. Metal is the best thing for diaper pails. The smell doesn't soak into the metal like plastic does. I also use the little diaper sacks to individually tie up each diaper and then toss into the can. Works wonders.

That's interesting top see that metal is the best thing for diaper pails since the odor won't infuse itself into it like it would into plastic. Never thought of that before!

Great idea thank you for posting it. I have been using a plastic trash can with a dented garbage bag. I put individual diapers in plastic plastic grocery bags. The metal can with a lid is probably a better idea.

Thanks for the post DPCARE, I was looking into buying a diaper pail. Ive been using a regular 13 gallon trash can with plastic bags but sometimes is not good for containing odors after a couple of diapers are in the can.

I use a 10 gallon plastic bucket with a tight sealing lid for my cloth diapers. Since I'm now bedwetting almost every night, it fills up pretty fast. I use to only have to wash my diapers once a week, but now I have to empty it into the washer about every 4-5 days. Regarding smell, yes, the plastic bucket DOES pick up a smell, so I use a bleach-water solution to rinse it out.

I have the Akord Slim, I empty it out every other day or so, it seems to do a pretty good job at limiting odors. I have a subscription for the refill bags through Amazon.

billliveshere said:
That's interesting top see that metal is the best thing for diaper pails since the odor won't infuse itself into it like it would into plastic. Never thought of that before!

You're right about metal. I use aluminum foil to wrap wet briefs in, if garbage pickup is more than a week away- in hot weather, anyway. I still use plastic bags first, but it makes a clear difference.