Diaper Changes

Archives1

Staff member
How many changes do you average a day? It seems like I'm having to go through a larger amount of diapers than I would expect. I am seeing a urologist and he has me on flomax but it doesn't seem to be doing anything. I think I average 4-5 a day.

I use a Walgreen's brand for evenings/bed where I can get to the john in time. Usually a clean one when I go to bed works through the night. Day-times, I use a more form-fitting Depends for Men with a added liner. This lasts about 4-5 hours. I do lots of sitting in my work (computer and piano playing) and sitting seems to be a block for me, a good thing, until I stand up. People always ask how come I don't talk a break playing a three hour piano bar. My wife is the only one who knows. So, day-time, probably about 3-4 changes.

I use Northshore supreme briefs mostly at night and the supreme lites for day. However, I'm finding that the supremes leak pretty bad. Not great. I need to find another for night time or maybe a pull up would be better. I think I'm going to start using the supremes for day and def find something else for night time.

I usually change 4 maybe 5 times if I drink a lot. I use abena L4 and the occasional cloth pocket diaper.

I use the Depend pull-ups. During the day I put a Depends Guard inside with it and that generally allows me to use 2 pull-ups and 2 guards. I usually put on a clean pull-up at night and it is almost always dry so it becomes the next day's first pull-up. Just be sure that if you use the guard inside the pull-up, don't remove the whole adhesive strip because if you have to change it it will rip off the liner from the pull-up. I just pull back the top third of the guard adhesive and that works just fine

I generally go through 4 diapers per day. 3 during the day and one overnight. During the day I wear Northshore Supreme Lites and use a booster, so I get 6-7 hours per diaper. At night I wear Abena L4 or Northshore Supremes.

I’ll use about 5 a day on average unless I’m going to be out and about most of the day then I’ll use a confidry 24/7 and that will reduce my need for a change to 2-3 if I drink allot. This is what I use at night. Haven’t found a better diaper than the confidry’s.

It varies depending on what brand I use.
Depends-every hour and usually wake up with leaks if worn overnight
Tranquility-about every 2 hours and same as depend at night
Secure x-plus-gets to about 4-6 hours and lasts all night
ConfiDry 24/7-about every 8-12 hours and lasts me all night plus a couple hours after I wake up1 if put on right before going to sleep.

here in the UK my health provider supply me with tena slips. I use three super absorbency in the day and one maxi absorbency at night. Occasionally, I get enough warning to make it to the toilet and so I sometimes get away with fewer changes.

Right now, I am using 2-3 on an average day. When I am at home or work, I am usually able to make it to the bathroom by going before I think I will need to. However, this is not a foolproof system- I don't always have ANY warning, so I wear something smaller such as a figure-8 shaped pad, or even a size 6 or a pull up.

I use 1 to 2 a day. I wear the ABU simple,with supreme cotton pants and plastic pants over every thing. If I do leak It's just the cotton pants that get wet.

Cool....,

I've posted before, but will share with you a thought that I think you should consider. My leakage issues, post surgery, are mostly daytime and less so at night. I use a soft silicone device that puts pressure on the urethra and reduces my pad usage from 2-3 per day to a single pad every day or two. I wear it 14 hours a day on average, though sometimes at night if I have a second beer in the evening. My life is pretty much back to normal, since I don't have to remove or adjust it before or after urination. If you are interested, I can provide info. Best wishes to you. duane dglisan@comcast.net