Diaper Changes

Archives1

Staff member
What is the best way to change your own diaper if you do not have anyone to help you? I prefer brief diapers but I use mainly pull up diapers because they are easier to put on by myself.

i use pull ups only. i go to work daily with fecal and urinary incontinence being the problem. the train ride and walk is hour or so and both problems are quite significant in my opinion but the pullups do hold everything until i can change. pullups work for me even with my hip, knee and foot issues. i do lose my balance at times but havn’t fallen over. it is a messy job but i can change on my own. then i use thin booster pads for the urinary portion of my problems during the day. these can be changed periodically without having to change the pullup which ususally can last all day. where i work there is a nice stall in the men’s room so whenever fecal is a problem cleanup and changing is fairly “ok”. i’d never attempt this with anything other than a pullup. i know it would drive me crazy. maybe my problems are not as bad as others though since they use briefs/diapers with tapes and insist that pullups are no good. i do try to clean up/change as soon as possible and not wait. at work, having to rush is the biggest danger so i just have to put myself in a slow down state of mind and be very careful. i don’t think there is an easy way to change with fecal incontinence. great care is necessary every step of the way.

Or with briefs, figure out where you normally put the tapes and pre tape them so you don’t have to fool with that part. Just pull them up and you are good.😊
My waist isn’t very small and this sure makes life easier when getting dressed. You can do a whole pack and just toss them in you bag or use them to get dressed as needed.

Depends where I am at home I stand up and change my large shaped pads and if I can in public toilets ill lay the pad down before pulling the net pants which holds it up over it.

As regards taped diapers I lie down at home to change or out and about sit on toilet seat to change.
Mainly depends on place and situation,im only urinary incontinent with bedwetting episodes but have came close to having bowel accidents many times.

I use tape on diapers as pull-ups do not have enough protection I usually change standing up I lean against the wall to help hold the diaper in place while fastening the tapes this is not always a great option especially in some public restrooms I am thinking about getting a Swifty Snap to help but at $30.00 I have been hesitant to get one

fd4e0d181bfece46a9d6349ee9bb5c5a.jpg

If I change in a public bathroom, I stand against a wall to fasten the bottom two tapes first. Then I stand away from the wall and apply powder to front and back (not too much though), then adjust diaper to a comfortable position and tape top two tapes. At home I lay on carpeted floor.

Al