Diaper booster pads

Archives1

Staff member
Hey!

Question for all you lovely people…best booster pads for diapers overnight…aaaannnnndddd go!

Cloth.. I use a cloth booster that is about 6"* 18" and it help wick from the front to the back more easily. It can also be folded over in the front to keep the night time peak out from being a problem.

I am wondering the same thing. It seems like anytime I wear a booster pad it causes a leak from the side and down my leg it goes. I am a rather small (105 lbs 5 ft. 3 in) female so I tried the 3.75 inch wide but had the same result. Of course as my luck would have it, I was out in public!! Luckily I was walking to my car and had on dark loose pants. Tomorrow I have an evening wedding to attend and I will admit I am scared to death!! My mind is asking questions like"What if the line to the ladies room is long??" And so on. A big part of me is wondering why on earth I ever accepted the invite. But this is my BFF's daughter that I have known and adored all her life and really want to be there. What am doing- this is nuts!! Somebody please tell me about a good experience they had at a wedding. I'm freaking out!!

@wetdad do you use disposables as a diaper? My leak always comes up and near the hip. It’s so weird

@Boopsie61 Make sure you prime your brief before putting it on. Shake it out to activate the leak guards. That would be my recommendation! Also for weddings, I just set an alarm every hour to use the bathroom

2 Cloth towels rolled into tubes. I started with parallels (I I) along the leak guards, but now I am making
InI
IuI
I putt the rolled towels in the shape of a “u” around the top where leaks often happen, and then the second towel below making an “0” out of the towels. This makes a perfect barrier against nighttime surges and I have not had a leak yet.
I use betterdry diapers as they have very tall leak guards and stretch well. For some reason Megamax seeps through the legs.

I don’t know of you use tape up briefs or pull ups, but for special events like this I’ve always gone with the highest level of protection reasonable. You want to enjoy this wedding, not be constantly distracted by what your body is doing to try to ruin it for you!
The most important part for the booster I’ve found the hard way of course, is it must fit between the leak guards not push them out of place. Another thing I might suggest for future use, especially large or long gatherings is a pair of close fitting waterproof pants. Kins makes two pair that come to mind. Their Taffeta waterproof pants are the thinnest, lightest non vinyl pants I’ve ever used, and I now use them daily. So comfortable you can forget your wearing them especially on hot days here in the South. They also make a low rise, thin vinyl pant designed to cover disposables or pull-ups.
I’m at the point that comfort and security trump a bit of extra padding or whatever it takes to be present in the moments of life, not distracted/ panicked by thoughts of leaks etc. Life is too short! I’d bet it seems like just last week you were changing her diapers😄! Life sure flies and I’m firmly committed to enjoying every minute I get!
@Dkskray, I hope you sleep better, @Boopsie61 I hope you have a WONDERFUL TIME!

Thanks sooo much everyone!!! I feel like I want to cry. I want all to know how generous of spirit (and wisdom) it is for taking the time to respond. I feel so blessed to have found this forum. I'm usually very much a "home-body" and after 40 years of having to leave for work all I've ever wanted was to be home. It's my happy place. I recently retired from Civil Service. Highly recommend especially for young females. I like to say there is a position for any and all. From peeling potatoes to rocket science!! (One little drawback...no insurance coverage for incontinence supplies) Thanks again for all the really good tips. It means alot to me. It is my hope that I will have the honor of contributing a helpful hint or emotional support to others knowing how much it meant to me.