Defecography (proctography)Test scheduled...

Archives1

Staff member
Got the call this afternoon from the MRI department and I am all set for February 10... That day has a significate meaning for me as that was the day my surgery consultation was back in 2019. After this test the doctors that are part of my team are going to figure out what will be next. I expressed to both my Gastroenterologist as will as my physical therapist that one big issue that has to be dealt with this year is the pain that I am always in... As I sit and type this at my pc desk, my side is killing my 7.9 out of 10 on the pain scale and nothing helps it anymore. Lucky for me my pc chair leans back so I can take so pressure of my sides. I will take Tylenol before bed and do my stitches again.

The next test that they are looking to after Defecography (proctography) is Anal Electromyography (EMG) which my Gastro doctor said that it would show what the nerves were doing but it is not a nice test at all. And after I looked up what it is I was like you want to put a needle WHERE??? But anything that will give answers is going to have to be done this year because Pain is to high and I my FMLA ran out so I have nothing Job wise to go back to so, I will be starting over.. UGG....

This is so much. It is always so distressing to know you are in pain.
All we can do is pray i guess....
This is a stupid question but have they ever suggested an osteomy bag? ( sorry I dont know enough about that stuff)

Maymay941 said:
This is so much. It is always so distressing to know you are in pain.
All we can do is pray i guess....
This is a stupid question but have they ever suggested an osteomy bag? ( sorry I dont know enough about that stuff)

Funny you ask that... The general surgery doctor that I had here in PA told me that I would not have left his O.R. without one if he had done my surgery.

That being said the reason that the FL surgent didn't go that way is because I was not insured and it would never have been undone because I would not have gotten the job I had or be able to get it undone. My and my current doctor's concern it that my bowel is to short and not doing its job right. GI is worried because I have been on all these meds for so long and they are starting to not work and they don't think that I could up them and have even the little bit of time each day that I trust my system to go out and get food for my house and do stuff I have to... I cannot even work for more than a few minutes on cleaning my house without being in so much pain after that I am done for the day.

That is why I put my foot down about the testing.

The issue is that when I bring up the fact that my right side hurts like hell they say act like it is not part of what is going on in my gut.. But noting makes it go away so we have to do something. I just wish the test was this week when my parents are going to be here and not a month from now.