Dating in diapers

Archives1

Staff member
I'll start by saying I've been incontinent for my whole life. Being from a small town, that meant if there was anything wrong with you, you were to be in the "special" class in school. I spent my elementary school years being "Pampers boy" after a student could tell what happened when I was on my way to the school nurse to be changed after soiling my diaper in class, who would later that week expose my diapered bottom to others in the hallway. During my later teen years I was able to use pull ups but close to my twenties I found myself back in full, tape on diapers. This made dating difficult during the time most adults find a mate, get married and have kids. I went on dates but when the topic of incontinence came up, that was usually the end of it. I did have the few awkward sexual encounters in high school, all of which were fellow classmates from my special class, and 2 of them in diapers themselves. Since then however, I have not been in any relationships and next year is 20 years since I've been out of school. The rejection from earlier tries has left me not even wanting to try. Now as I'm close to 40, I'm starting to wonder if maybe I should reach out to find single incontinent women that may have had similar experiences.

This condition makes us have to confront the issue of what we seek in a relationship with another perhaps with less self delusion than a person with different human frailties trying to emulate the fast and easy of casual dating. But like any man or woman its what you want to achieve by a relationship not the human facts of our bodies. Perhaps discuss what your goal is in a relationship with a counselor and being clear of who you are what you want to achieveshort and long term, and what you cannot tolerate (boundaries) will clear your head and heart for aiming at your true desire.
With or without a partner, you are living with yourself and that is true of every adult whose muddled through this far.
Be good, be kind to yourself.