Constant Bladder Pressure

Archives1

Staff member
To those who suffer with Urge and Bladder Spasm - do you find it affects your mood or something you find yourself constantly reflecting on?

I had a long day today; but had to use the restroom more than a half a dozen times within an eight hour span; but when do I say enough is enough and man up and just decide to wear protection?

I'm used to wearing a fitted brief at nighttime - and maybe I just don't want to give in to wearing protection during the day - but it is something I've done in the past; but I try not to wear protection if I don't have to. Because I don't want my body to become accustomed to it.

Furthermore; it's hard being a young adult working man to live in a lifestyle where pads are day to say routine. But I know over the past couple of years of the support from the NAFC and fellow members; you have gotten me out of my shell when i was cooped up at home where no one would be the wiser - to actually living a semi decent life to where I can self advocate for myself and make the positive steps to live a life with my bladder condition.

But still - this is more becoming a quality of life issue. Do I continue to suffer with the pain and pressure of urgency and spasms and let that affect my job performance by constantly running to the bathroom - or do I suck it up and be a man and wear the disposable underpant?

That's my nightly reflection and where im at.

Blessings In Christ,
Honeeecombs

I was where you are about a decade ago. I had given in to wearing briefs for 10 years prior to that, but being recently married I wanted to try to go without diapers as my wife, while understanding did not like at the time that I wore diapers. She hated they way they made my profile look and she felt embarrassed on my behalf.

However, The spasms got to be too much. As you said, it’s painful. And when you’re running to the toilet every 10-15 minutes to pass a few drops if anything at all, it gets to be, as you said, a quality of life issue. I could not possibly live my life glued to the toilet like that. I would never be able to go out and I would never be able to have a full conversation with anyone because I would be excusing myself every few minutes.

After discussing it with my wife, she could see the pain and struggle I was going through and asked me to resume wearing diapers 24/7. Granted, she also suffers from OAB and wears pads (refuses to ever try a diaper), so she is empathetic to my issue since she suffers similarly albeit with more control.

If the meds are not working, and you are not finding yourself a suitable candidate for Botox or intersim and do not want invasive surgery, then yes, you need to “man up” and wear protection during the day.

Not having to run every 15 minutes is amazing and the departure of the anxiety of having an accident, GREATLY improved my quality of life

God bless you tonight @Tarlton.

This is exactly what I needed to hear. Someone who knows exactly what I am going through and knows the feelings of not wanting to wear a "diaper" but then having to go through the emotions of giving in and allowing your quality of life to improve.

Thank you for this - I don't like the situation I am in currently. Like I said in prior posts; I wouldn't wish our condition on anybody - not even my worst enemy.

Anyway, I recently have been trying to cope with my feelings and emotions as I suffer from PTSD. But anyway, I'm just elated that you took the time to validate what I am going through.

Blessings In Christ,
Honeeecombs

Yeah, use the bathroom when you can, but when it interferes with what you are doing, just let the diaper do it’s thing until it is convenient to go to the bathroom.

A diaper is just a tool to make an inconvenient situation more tolerable.

Honeeecombs -- I'm not a man, but I can still relate. Can't wear diapers cuz we don't have room in our trash 4 them. So wear pads with my Lane Bryant undies. The undies are pretty, so I enjoy that. Every so often, I get bored with my undies so will order some new ones to escape the monotony. But Lane Bryant undies have lasted me over 5 years! They're more expensive but worth it. I get the 100% cotton. So, a pad is an option instead of a diaper. I find I can delay using the toilet 1, 2 even 3 hours this way. Sure, I feel like I have to pee much sooner than that. But I tell myself that I really don't have to. It's mind over matter. Have just trained myself this way. Guess I don't have bladder spasms like what you are referring to. Fortunate that way. Have Interstitial Cystitis though. Painful to do Kegels. Thank u 4 sharing. U tell it like it is!

Hey guys,

It's Honeeecombs here.

I just want to start off by thanking this community again for everything you have done for me. Tonight I'm in a lot of pain spasm wise. This is sometimes what happens every so often; I suppose it could be related to people who have Crohn's or UC - it's like a "flare up" and that's when the pain gets bad.

It's disheartening to watch a few drops fall into the toilet - but I'm used to having a short length of urination.

But anyway, I've been rambling for too long; just trying to get the words out as whenever I have bladder issues whether they are extreme or painful; I always seem to make my way back here.

Do I subconsciously think because you guys have helped me on dealing with continence and bladder issues that you will in turn help make the pain go away? Maybe.

Also noticed we have some new people who have been frequenting; which is always nice to see.

Welcome to the NAFC if you read my thread and are new. You are surrounded by good people.

Blessings In Christ,
Honeeecombs

I identify with the author of this thread, but I have twist to my situation. I wondered what was going on because of the urges, spasms, and then the “can’t go” moments. I am not sure when the next urge is coming. I tried “padding” around the clock but just started to use a brief at night or when I know I might not access to a public restroom for periods of time. My thing is that I am actually afraid to give into when the urge hits while wearing a brief, which I know I can’t allow backup to get into my kidneys but I feel awkward about releasing just enough to get the urge/spasm to stop. The idea of more protection with a brief seems to be creating other problems along with the urges and spasms.

Even though I have had a turn of events regarding my options, after getting a second opinion, I still feel constant pressure. I laid in bed last night trying to force myself to relieve myself into my diaper as the pressure kept building because I really didn’t want to have to get out of bed. I had to get up in order to relieve the pressure. It’s annoying because it’s very uncomfortable. The new urologist is going to explore the cause beyond what my previous urologist did; he saw my frustration yesterday. Now, only if I could pee in my diaper….It must be the “bad boy” complex about pee in in my underwear I developed when I was a little boy….

Honeeecombs - I went through years of bladder spasm and as it turns out pelvic floor spasm. I wore and used diapers and anything else possible - I can relate to just wanting to go.

I am curious if you have obstructed urination? I Did, cathing became impossible and over time the bladder changes and becomes smaller and the muscle thicker making spasms worse and even more painful. I tried botox but that stopped working. I had some scares with BAD kidney infections, had a few outlet surgeries and then finally a final surgery to remove sphincter, prostrate, bladder neck, all of it.

I just leak now, no spasms and total relief, should have done it years ago. Not to say this is the answer for you, just my perspective. I also found the leaking I have now more manageable than before, its just consistent and routine compared to "bursts" before if you know what I mean. Bottom line it was leak, due some sort of diversion or likely kill my kidneys. Consequently, work was easier, I ahd more energy, lost weight etc etc - the spasms take a HUGE toll on you mentally and physically - I wish you relief.

Good luck

totalinco said:
Honeeecombs - I went through years of bladder spasm and as it turns out pelvic floor spasm. I wore and used diapers and anything else possible - I can relate to just wanting to go.

I am curious if you have obstructed urination? I Did, cathing became impossible and over time the bladder changes and becomes smaller and the muscle thicker making spasms worse and even more painful. I tried botox but that stopped working. I had some scares with BAD kidney infections, had a few outlet surgeries and then finally a final surgery to remove sphincter, prostrate, bladder neck, all of it.

I just leak now, no spasms and total relief, should have done it years ago. Not to say this is the answer for you, just my perspective. I also found the leaking I have now more manageable than before, its just consistent and routine compared to "bursts" before if you know what I mean. Bottom line it was leak, due some sort of diversion or likely kill my kidneys. Consequently, work was easier, I ahd more energy, lost weight etc etc - the spasms take a HUGE toll on you mentally and physically - I wish you relief.

Good luck

God bless you @totalinco;

You know exactly what I am going through in terms of pain and bladder spasms. Mine seem to worsen when stressed - but like I have told others; I dont want to wear diapers - but it's been my only outlet/option to live a pain free life.

Thank you for making me feel heard. God bless you.

Blessings In Christ,
Honeeecombs