Confi dry 24/7 vs other products

Archives1

Staff member
Hello - I’m interested if any other diaper wearers think confi dry 24/7 or north shore MagaMax is better - I need to buy more diapers and not sure - currently wear the comfi dry diapers - thanks

Chad

The Megamax has a huge rise. Both run a little big. I haven’t used the ConfiDry in years, but the Megamax doesn’t wick very well. So you’ll likely be getting a little more usable time out of the Confidry. I do like the cut of the Megamax, and I think both will offer excellent night time protection. A good reusable option too is the InControl night time brief. Almost as absorbant as the megamax.

I will also recommend the InControl original diaper. They have become my go to diaper. They are a Canadian company, but it's free shipping for Canadian as well as U.S. customers. They are a bit cheaper than Megamax, and come 48 in a case rather than the more common 36-40.

I’ve tried the megamax and tend to have leaks. Haven’t tried the others but I use bambino and I am a very heavy night time wetter. They work great and my skin feels dry the entire time

I have also had leaks with the MegaMax BUT on the other hand like yesterday I had one last 3 wettings and still not leak. I think (as with all diapers) it’s about fit. One diaper that fits perfectly and doesn’t leak for one person may not fit at all for someone else and leak like crazy. For me I’ve had more not leaks than leaks with the MegaMax and it’s all I use (besides short periods throughout the day where I’ll use go supreme pull ups). I have a back stock of betterdry and crinklz that I’ll use at home if I’m running low on MegaMax.

I like all three. Megamax is good but I find it can weep out the front rise by the belly. Better dry does better for me sleeping. Incontrol is great too but sometimes over kill at night. I find a cloth booster works for all three to help spread the wetness better as they all have shortcomings there. I just rinse it out in the sink and launder at changes.

Have not tried confi dry so there's no informed comment I can make in regard to them.
As for north shore...I wear north shore supreme as my every night diaper except when I am traveling. When away from home I use north shore megamax.
For me there's a couple of reasons. (1) the mega max tapes are very strong. They do not "pop loose". With the supremes I add a piece of tape over each factory tape to hold securely. (Note: I like my diaper tight, I also do not lower or remove my diaper once on, it comes off in the morning. I don't worry about using the reusable tabs) Because I uses tape over the tabs this is extra noise that sometimes is hard to conceal. If I am in a hotel it doesn't matter but staying at friends or family the strong tape with no helper makes a quieter install. (2) the mega max seems like it is able to absorb more which is just an extra piece of mind kinda deal when I am in someone else's bedding.
I will note it seems as though the megamax is a "larger" diaper, so some experimentation may be in order to get the sizing correct. For me I am on the small end of the sizing for the large size supremes, where the medium size supreme is just a touch to small. The mega max is the opposite large is to big for me (leaked when tried couldn't get a good seal where my cheeks meet my thighs in the rear) but the medium fits real well.
The megamax is a more costly per piece diaper over the supreme. This is another reason for me why I use the supremes every day and the mega max when I think its required.
As was said above what works for one person both in absorbance and sizing may not work for another. For me (i would imagine others also) some of this is trial and error until you find the product that works best for you.

Thanks for all the input - I ordered a case of North Shore MegaMax - qty = 40 - will let you know the results - pricey but if hold more might be worth it

Thanks

Tapes and plastic on Better Dry are subpar to that of the DRY 247 or InControl Elite.

I'll never understand the hype around MegaMax. The sides are super uncomfy and they're way too thick.

@matttyco I’ve had the opposite experience. I had almost every in control elite rip on me. I thought all of the in control diapers were crap. At least the MegaMax stays on and the tapes don’t rip.