Compression shorts

Archives1

Staff member
Has anyone tried compression shorts as underwear to hold a diaper in place?

I saw some wrestling singlets/shorts all in ones online and wondered if anyone has tried these to hold a diaper in place?

Just interested how they work, cheers, phil

Yes, but I use them to hold pads in place. Has worked very well. Go that route every time at gym. And if doing strenuous activities at home.

I’ve used compression shorts at the gym. I found that they weren’t the best for me as they reduced room for expansion as my protection got wetter. I ended up leaking a few times which is rare for me, so went back to wearing discrete covers.

Hi @physlink;

Back prior to my developing my bladder condition; in my early 20's I would wear Under Armour Compression Shorts. They were known as "Boxerjocks".

However, in the years since developing bladder issues I've gone back to hanes white briefs during the day when I don't suffer from severe bladder spasms and when I know I can make it to the bathroom frequently. I probably should wear a shield since due to my decreased muscles, I have issues with keeping my briefs kept from stains unfortunately as I still suffer from sporadic drips.

I have used white briefs to keep disposable briefs in place. I currently wear Attends but when I get back on my feet will probably go back to Tranquility products for comfort and fit.

If anything I would recommend a pair of underwear to go over your brief/pull up so that it isn't to tight on the pad.

Blessings In Christ,
Honeeecombs

Hi Phys,
I’ve tried the compression shorts both with pads and a breathable brief, and they work well for low urine production situations where I’m doing a lot of work standing. If there’s a chance of a full void, or higher urine production, I’ll stick to a cover for leak protection. I’ve had one of my worst leaks with compression shorts and learned quickly they have their place when needing to stay cooler doing work. Good luck!

@physlink I wear boxerbrifes over my pull-ups when I wear them for my bedwetting. Mostly just when traveling since I only bedwet infrequently. Like @Honeeecombs I have used the Under Armour Boxerjock, sports boxer briefs. Very comfortable and holds my pull-up in place during the night.

JT

I wear rather tight-fitting briefs or disposable briefs to hold my guards in place. Sometimes I can go a half day or more with the same disposable brief if I change guards now and then.

Disposable briefs are made assuming you'll wear your penis down. But my theory is my incontinence is somewhat caused by gravity and I might be more cocky about being continent if I wear my penis up, thus using a guard.

I've got to get continent so I can wear the loose-fitting briefs and boxers I bought. What if I never get better? I suppose I can wear my boxers like Axl Heck.

I'm looking forward to the day when I can tell you I'm continent again and say "Later, losers!"