clothlike covered pull-ups

Archives1

Staff member
I saw this posted in a group on Facebook and found it interesting and worth a share

I personally prefer plastic-backed diapers for a number of reasons of course I am too big for Goodnites and I require a heavier diaper but I still thought this was interesting

This is probably common knowledge by now, but for those who claim that diaper manufacturers produce cloth-backed diapers because it helps the environment, Here is a Goodnites diaper with the cloth removed. Guess what? there is still plastic backing under it. There has to be. (notice how much more vibrant the colors are?) Somehow it is just cheaper for manufactures to make those cloth backed diapers
6a696e3c8d4b6b4e011720f25cee18c6.jpg

That is really interesting, @DPCARE! But I have no idea why that is so! Would it not be cheaper for the manufacturers to just put the plastic layer on and keep it at that and not expend more to put the cloth-like backing on top of that????

I would think so but that is another person's observations so I cannot say one way or the other in my honest opinion there are much better as plain plastic

billliveshere said:
That is really interesting, @DPCARE! But I have no idea why that is so! Would it not be cheaper for the manufacturers to just put the plastic layer on and keep it at that and not expend more to put the cloth-like backing on top of that????

I've noticed with the ID brand of pull ups at least the version from a year or 2 ago have plastic in them along the leg holes.

Recently they've changed packaging on all their products so unsure if the pull ups are the same from a year ago or more.

I would like to add also. Even the adult cloth-like backing still has a plastic layer underneath the cloth outer covering. They all have to put some kind of plastic barrier before the cloth to ensure protection or the liquid would just drain through the diaper and onto whatever you are wearing. It's funny how these companies market there product. Claim that they breathe better. Most or all of us know that isn't the case. I prefer plastic backed diapers.