Clamp

Archives1

Staff member
Has anyone used a penis clamp to try to control incontinence? If so did it help and what brand did you use?

There’s a few discussion on here already. Just search for them.

Yes, I use a clamp at times when discretion is necessary, also when staying at friends places where changes and disposal are challenging.

Hi RDJ67 - I bought one at about 4 weeks after my RP when I was struggling with leakage. It worked although not particularly comfortable. I didn’t use it a lot just for situations where I wasn’t able to change my pad. I’m now 16 wks post RP and only need a lightweight pad a day. Here’s the link at Amazon “ Visit the banapoy Store
banapoy Incontinence Clamp, Male Urinary Incontinence Clamp 4 Levels Adjustable Penile Clamp for Incontinence, Prevent Leakage Comfortable Urinary Clamp for Male Incontinence.”

I occasionally use the Wiesner clamp when I take an afternoon nap on the weekend. Daytime leakage is not a major problem for me. Depends incontinence briefs are perfectly sufficent during the day when I am out and active. My major problem is leakage at night while in bed. I wanted to use the clamp then because it stops leakage very well. But, I was advised not to use it overnight because the positioning should be changed every two hours or so to prevent skin damage and UTIs. I didn't want to interrupt my sleep to adjust the clamp, so I stopped using it overnight.

Hi Rdj,
I did try 4 or so brnads and found that the old standby BARD Cunningham Clamp to be the best and easiest.
After each urination place in a different spot and try to keep as dry as possible using a little baby powder if needed.

I had my RP two years ago and was left completely incontinent. I started using Wiesner penis clamp and also a Depend underwear. At first it was difficult to get used to using it because it caused me some pain and if it was not placed correctly it caused irritation to my penis. However, I learned to use it and currently use it at least 12 hours a day without any problem. Some tips I use:
1-I use it backwards (the pad with the bump on top)
2.-I use a double-sided tape to stick only the cotton pad of a Band-Aid bandage on the part in contact with the urethra, which I change daily.
With this I managed to avoid irritation and pain in the penis. I hope this helps you.

When I was recovering from my RP and slowly recovering my continence, my Physio Therapist recommended the use of a clamp. My Urologist did not recommend since my sphincter muscles would not learn how to function again if a clamp was used. I went with my PT advice as I was tired of the leaking.

I tried two types - the Wiesner Clamp and the Pacey Cuff. The Wiesner Clamp was OK but felt uncomfortable and it restricted my movement. I fiddled around with it to find the best position but even then it did not completely shut things off. Had I known what Luckyme did to get it working and comfortable, then perhaps it would have been a different story. I bought it off Amazon as it had a money-back guarantee...I did receive my money back.

The Pacey Cuff - although in theory it looks like a better design, it didn't do much. I fiddled around with the settings, tension, etc. One of the problems I had was that it made my penis stick out - making things very uncomfortable if you were wearing a pad.

I became continent without the use of a clamp after a few months, but I could see the need to revisit the clamp if I was still incontinent. Many have found them useful.

I went on a trip out of country about 8 weeks post surgery and used the Lunderg confidence clamp and it was a life saver for the plan ride and several other activities and longer car rides.