Chosen

Archives1

Staff member
Instead of responding to several posts, I want some sum it up in one. My heart goes out to all of you experiencing depression, suicide, anxiety, bad relationships, poor and abusive upbringing and all your health issues that you may be facing. You are in my prayers.
Even though my health issues has been constantly declining, I very thankful for what I do have. The series Chosen is a series produce by Dallas Jenkins and can be downloaded on your phone for free. Once on your phone you maybe able to stream into your T.V. It’s about the life of Jesus and shows what he went threw on a daily basis healing people and strengthening the peoples faith. Season one and two are out and they are currently filming season three. If interested I recommend watching the beginning of season one. It has strengthened me in many ways and I now view life differently. Blessings to all of you.

Thanks Percara,

Don't try to think about your health declining; health is only physical and something that is not eternal. Easier said than done; believe me. I will look into that series on Jesus - and will be thinking of your spirit and more positive things to come your way.

I don't know you - but you took the time to spread the Good Word; so time praying for you, is time well spent.

Blessings,
HC

@Percara @Honeeecombs

The important thing is to understand the Gospel. Salvation and eternal life is a free gift from God - IF we accept it. We can't be good enough, and we can't earn it. It's all about God and Jesus and the Holy Spirit.

Satan has deceived people into thinking that on judgement day, God compares your good and bad deeds. The scriptures say that no matter how good you are, you will never measure up to God's standard. We are all evil from birth, and the payment for that evil is separation from God. We need a Saviour.

The Good News is that God loves us more than we can imagine! He will do almost anything to bring us to Himself. He sacrificed His own son, Jesus Christ! (Would any of us do that?) Christ could have backed out at the last moment before being crucified, but He didn't. He died and was buried. He paid the price for our sins and was raised from the dead, but we don't have to accept that if we would prefer to spend eternity without God. God won't force us to believe. He only wants people that will love Him.

Three days later, God raised Jesus from that grave and He was seen by hundreds of people who also saw Him die on the cross. After more than a month, He rose to be with God in Heaven. But He will be coming back to collect His bride - the church of believers.

Simply put: we must confess to God that we are sinners, ask to be forgiven, profess that we believe in the birth, death, and resurrection of Jesus. At that point we are "justified" and have gained the approval of God. After that, we begin a life of "sanctification". We work to change the way we act and think, and become "a new creature" devoted to seeking God's will.

Start reading the Bible cover-to-cover; then do it again. I suggest using a translation that you can understand. I use the "Bible app from YouVersion". It has all the different translations, videos, study plans, and other helpful aids. I like the "God's Word" (GW) translation, but to each his own on that one. The King James translation is written in a style most of us struggle to understand these days.

May God bless your journey and draw you to Him! Amen.

Percara -- Yes. Have watched Season 1, the first three episodes. Didn't know there was a Season 2 and that there is going to be a Season 3! Purchased Season 1. No commercials that way!! Seems to be pretty realistic, biblical. Some people on these boards have a problem with discussing religion. I say just don't read the posts if you don't want to.

MezaJarJarBinks said:
@Percara @Honeeecombs

The important thing is to understand the Gospel. Salvation and eternal life is a free gift from God - IF we accept it. We can't be good enough, and we can't earn it. It's all about God and Jesus and the Holy Spirit.

Satan has deceived people into thinking that on judgement day, God compares your good and bad deeds. The scriptures say that no matter how good you are, you will never measure up to God's standard. We are all evil from birth, and the payment for that evil is separation from God. We need a Saviour.

The Good News is that God loves us more than we can imagine! He will do almost anything to bring us to Himself. He sacrificed His own son, Jesus Christ! (Would any of us do that?) Christ could have backed out at the last moment before being crucified, but He didn't. He died and was buried. He paid the price for our sins and was raised from the dead, but we don't have to accept that if we would prefer to spend eternity without God. God won't force us to believe. He only wants people that will love Him.

Three days later, God raised Jesus from that grave and He was seen by hundreds of people who also saw Him die on the cross. After more than a month, He rose to be with God in Heaven. But He will be coming back to collect His bride - the church of believers.

Simply put: we must confess to God that we are sinners, ask to be forgiven, profess that we believe in the birth, death, and resurrection of Jesus. At that point we are "justified" and have gained the approval of God. After that, we begin a life of "sanctification". We work to change the way we act and think, and become "a new creature" devoted to seeking God's will.

Start reading the Bible cover-to-cover; then do it again. I suggest using a translation that you can understand. I use the "Bible app from YouVersion". It has all the different translations, videos, study plans, and other helpful aids. I like the "God's Word" (GW) translation, but to each his own on that one. The King James translation is written in a style most of us struggle to understand these days.

May God bless your journey and draw you to Him! Amen.

Thanks for posting!

@MezaJarJarBinks I have to say with regard to being given prayers here, I think it’s appropriate for you as a religious person to be able to say to others who share your faithc “God Bless, or, you’re in my prayers because you (we) know you’re both religious.

Thank you, @snow !

You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Dear Lord, our God and Savior, we praise Your Holy name. We give thanks for Your love and compassion and especially Your sacrifice on the cross for us wretched sinners. We lift up @snow and everyone in this group and ask for your mercy. Lord, everyone here suffers so much mental and physical pain, including myself.

Jesus, Paul, and all the prophets are good examples for us. They were all homeless, they all suffered from persecution, imprisonment, hunger, exposure, illness, and hopelessness. Please be patient with us as we wait for your return too take us home. In Jesus name we pray, amen.