Can you stop Myrbetriq at any time?

Archives1

Staff member
Hi All, can you simply stop Myrbetriq or do you have to wean down? I am beginning to have Hugh blood pressure and not sure what the cause is? It's not my weight, exercise or diet. All of that is in check. I saw a nurse practitioner today who wanted to out me on a low dose ace inhibitor, but I will not take a me to treat another mad side effect. TY

Well,, yes and no, yes you can stop the medication and probably your blood pressure will go down, but your bladder spasms, and incontinence will get worse, its just no fun having this. I'm on Oxybutynin, and I have never had memory issues, but now I do, and will see my urology PA next month. I need to get on something else, but I have tried Myrbetriq, and didn't like that either as it rose my BP

You need to ween yourself off of it depending on how long you have been taking it as well as your current health status. The best bet is to ask your doctor.

@Boomersway ty! Everything I have read says , yes, but that your symptoms will come back. Well, I expect that...😂😂😂

I switched from Myrbetrig to Toviaz and did it overnight. It has only been a couple of weeks but i think the Toviaz is working better. I am also taking Azor to control my blood pressure and that seems to work for me. Good luck with adjusting your meds.

It may depend upon how high a dose of Myrbetriq you have been taking: I recommend asking a pharmacist or other medical professional. So far as I know, stopping Myrbetriq (as opposed to weaning oneself off it) is not a problem.