Bulkamid or Pro Act for incontinence

Having the bulkamid procedure at the end of February. Urologist says it has a 50/50 shot of helping my stress incontinence. We’ll see……

My doc told me the bulkamid was originally approved for women, but is now being used ‘off label’ for men. I think the ‘off label’ terminology they use is for drugs/procedures that are used for something different than it was originally intended.

Thanks I needed the directions as I had only heard the term “bulking agent” for men - same as bulkamid - should have known!

I had the procedure done in September and it did not work for me. I am a 73yo male who had a radical prostatectomy 25 years ago. The doc said I had some scaring and he was unable to close the urethra. I had collegian injections 20 years ago and they would work. I stopped doing them because they would only last a few months. I was hoping that this would last longer but unfortunately it did not work at all.

The doc told me because scar tissue is more rigid it would not allow him to close the urethra.I am not sure where the scarring is, but he tried to put a little extra Bulkamid and it did not work. He knew immediately after the procedure that it did not work because he could not close the urethra.