Bowel

Depending on what is causing your bowel incontinence, I deal with IBS-D and taking Imodium every day can help reduce the number of episodes I experience. Beyond that, it is essential for me to wear a good quality diaper with functional leak guards.

I buy mine through www.NorthShorecare.com and I normally buy the NorthShore Supreme, but your needs may be different from mine. Give them a call, they offer free samples and they can help you find something that works best for you.

@annmarie Hello, for bowel I would recommend plastic backed taped diapers, as they contain odors and bowel movements better than pull ups.

Something else that helps is the diaper covers made by Garywear (Northshore carries them). They come in a variety of colors and made of PUL material so they will help keep wetness and odors in and also allows air in so your skin can still get a little air.

I’ll second the suggestion for the diaper covers by GaryWear, they are excellent at containing wetness and odors. Plus they are very easy to wash.

i use the irrigation machine once a week. it is extremely thorough and i have no problems in between. piemed.com

I will second with Dean and recommend Coloplast's Peristeen system. Using it every other day will keep you clear.

Look into peristeen anal plugs. They are made for bowel incontinence. I've used them for several years. Basically a specially shaped tampon.

I have bowel incontinence from childbirth injury, and also IBS which makes it all the more frequent and unpleasant. When I'm at home or out for a walk or jog I will usually wear a Tranquility pull up which will do a pretty good job of protecting in case of an accident. In those situations I can get right to the bathroom and clean up. If I have to go out in public then I usually will wear a a Northshore supreme brief that's plastic covered. It gives better protection and also limits the odor more than the pull ups do, though nothing really will conceal the odor of an accident very well. The brief is just to keep my clothes clean and give me a way to get to a safe place to clean up and change without making a mess of myself and my clothes.

I wish that anyone with bowel incontinence, especially chronic diarrhea, would try or at least look into the peristeen plugs. They block solid and liquid stool while allowing gas to escape SILENTLY. Lol. They really are a life changer for many many people. Sure, they aren't for everyone but you won't know until you do know. They are tiny when inserting so they aren't painful or intimidating and open up into an inverted cup on the inside. Removal is a pull of the string. Or good push during voiding.