Botox

No. The doctor said he did not know it would stop working but other medical professionals scoffed at me that I didn’t expect that. Heartbreaking.

@LeeC I’m so, so, so sorry. I’m grateful to hear your story so I know it may stop working for me also.

@snow @LeeC , I had the instills a few months ago, and they have helped me, and she told me that whenever I want them again, she will order, "or" she said the urology surgeon is injecting the medication into the bladder walls like botox. I have not done that yet.

She is out on maternity leave and will probably wait on the surgery option for now. We have agreed too concentrate on the pain factor from now on. No point fighting to many battles anymore.

@LeeC here is what were in my instills : heparin-lidocaine-sodium bicarbonate, and these would also be given via injection into the bladder walls by urology surgeon, not botox with me.(but these infusions would be given similar to botox injections)

I have had botox, it put me into full retention, much more anxiety. They had to place a Foley and use till the botox wore off in a few months. I hope I never have to have botox again.

Fluid introduced to the bladder via catheter. I’m my case it was lidiocaine to provide pain relief for Botox injections. Not sure what else might be used.

Snow, and Lee, I made a deal with my urology PC, to get me away from the pain, and I will quit fighting everything else. I'm lifelong as my PC records for my scripts, its time in my life to worry about what bothers me the most. PAIN!

I had the Botox procedure twice about 6 months apart to help my OAB. Within 5 days my urges were gone and I was "dry". Unfortunately soon thereafter I had a significant retention problem and I had to cath twice a day for about 3 months.
The out patient procedure itself was not difficult. First a Foley was inserted and after I was drained lidocaine was instilled. The Foley was removed and after a few minutes the cystoscope was inserted and the multiple injections were done. Not painful just a bit uncomfortable.

Isn't it the most wonderful feeling a few days after, that all the ache goes and you feel like you have the bladder of an 18 year old again! I'm just sad that it didn't last 6 months and I need it again now. It's worth it though for the 5 months relief that it gives.