Botox

Archives1

Staff member
Hi all

I had bladder botox 6 days ago now. Ive not had any improvement, infact things are slightly worse I feel.
I know it can take a while to show any effect but Im loosing hope.
Am I kidding myself, should I accept its not the treatment for me?

I’m getting it tomorrow and my Dr said it could take up to 2 weeks to get full effects don’t know weather he right or not

So sorry about the disappointing results, Buttone. I hope others tell off their experiences here, because it's been suggested for me. I'm reticent so far!

I love Botox, though I don’t love being conscious for the procedure! The results can’t be better: little to no spasms, far less daytime frequency and urgency (instead of peeing every 20 minutes, I can go up to two hours). Alleviates about 50% of my bedtime awakenings and leaking, which is when I have the most problems.

It *does* take 2-3 weeks to reap the full benefits.

Garfield said:
I’m getting it tomorrow and my Dr said it could take up to 2 weeks to get full effects don’t know weather he right or not
All the best for tomorrow. Fingers crossed for good results.

marciafry said:
So sorry about the disappointing results, Buttone. I hope others tell off their experiences here, because it's been suggested for me. I'm reticent so far!
The procedure itself was a breeze. I was very excited to get it done and perhaps get a break from this daily struggle!
So far nothing but perhaps I'm being impatient.

snow said:
I love Botox, though I don’t love being conscious for the procedure! The results can’t be better: little to no spasms, far less daytime frequency and urgency (instead of peeing every 20 minutes, I can go up to two hours). Alleviates about 50% of my bedtime awakenings and leaking, which is when I have the most problems.
Thank you. Reassuring to know its helped you.

It *does* take 2-3 weeks to reap the full benefits.

It was a miracle for me… for a couple of years, and then it stopped working. It was unpleasant while it worked but well worth it. Now I have a harder time starting urination on the toilet (but never when I don’t want to!!!)

@Buttone I see you’re in the UK, where I’ve read they anesthetize you for the procedure. Not here in the US; you’re wide awake for the entire thing.

Also, it’s way less painful for men than women.

I was given the option to be anesthetised or not. It was more convenient to be done outpatient in the office than in the hospital, where it was treated more like surgery.

snow said:
@Buttone I see you’re in the UK, where I’ve read they anesthetize you for the procedure. Not here in the US; you’re wide awake for the entire thing.

Also, it’s way less painful for men than women.

I am in the U.K. I was awake for the procedure with some local anaesthetic. Just a bit uncomfortable for 10 minutes, thats all.

I just had it done again on the 18th. Because of the pain I live with from Interstitial Cystitis, they always put me under.

It's worked well for me, though I don't recall how long it took to start working the first time. The procedure itself isn't at all pleasant, but I don't find it excruciating either.

For me, the procedure is the top three most painful conscientious experiences I’ve had, up there with a kidney stone. My urologist retires in July so maybe my new doc will be better.

My urologist would infuse lidocaine into my bladder and let it stay for half an hour. That would help a lot. That said, there were two spots that were excruciatingly painful. He’d warn me before he injected them.

@LeeC Oh wow! See, maybe it was my ancient doctor. He objected the Lidocaine then immediately started the botox! I thought that was odd! I’ll ask the new guy to let it sit for a while.