Botox results for post-RP/post-Radiation OAB

Archives1

Staff member
My incontinence surged beginning 4 months after radiation. I’ve done the lifestyle changes, the physical therapy, Kegels of all sorts, and recently Myrbetriq. Nothing has dried me up, with the condition worsening, so the doc injected my bladder with Botox 12 days ago. So far nothing, although the doc says I should start seeing results 2-8 weeks after the injection. Looking for anybody who has had the Botox for incontinence, and their results, and their time frame.

I have had Botox, and it took hold in about 7 days, it might take a little longer for you. Hopefully your Dr. mentioned you might need to straight cath if the botox cause's full retention.

In the 12 days since the injections, my leakage has run from a low of 18 ounces/day to a high of 48 ounces/day. This was the same as on the MYRBETRIQ. Glad to know it worked for you, and quickly.

I get botox injections regularly. I can usually start setting a difference after about 7 days, but it's usually around day 14 that I start really seeing a benefit from it.

I'm getting 200 units, which makes the effect a lot stronger than when i was getting 100 units. Do you know how much they used with you?

I received the full 200 units. I was hoping for an effect by now. But let’s see after the 2 weeks are up.