BOTOX INJECTIONS

Archives1

Staff member
Has anyone tried the Botox solution? I am anxious to know how effective it is. My doctor only refers to 2 previous patients. It helped one and not the other. We have tried EVERYTHING else.

I have tried every treatment there is for my over active bladder including Botox. Botox did not work for me. Then I tried twelve sessions of Tibular Stimulation. Did not Work. Tried 2 medications of Visacare and Mybetriq. Did not work. My only option is Interstim Therapy. Hopefully it will work.

I tried everything as well. I was still wetting my pants. I got the Interstim and after a few adjustments, I have been in dry dock ever since

I received my first Interstim seven years ago, and dougsbc, I had a few adjustments and it worked for over six years. I had nerve damage from
a back problem, and my first Interstim battery was getting low so. My urologist replaced it on the other side and I have been really pleased with it. I basically forget about it. It's been in for a year.

My experience with Botox injections was that they wore off after successively shorter periods of time. When the last injections wore off after six weeks, my urologist decided that a sphincterotomy was appropriate. I had the surgery, and have never regretted it, even though it means that I will never regain control.

I have nuerogrnic bladder and I got Botox done about 2 months ago. I was still wetting myself and I felt like I constant was overly full. When I tried to pee I had a very weak stream and had to push really hard. after soiling myself at work on 2 separate occasions from trying pushing the utine out, I went back to my urologist.
I was holding 860ml. They put a Foley catheter in me. I do not get along well with catheters. They hurt and are annoying as hell. I still have to wear a diaper even with the catheter because my bladder spasms make me hrinate around the catheter at times. The leg bag was irritating my leg and cutting off circulation.
Now I know it's a bad idea and a good way to end up with a UTI but I can't deal with the leg bag so I just let it run right in to my diaper. Holy God it smells terrible. I smell worse with the catheter than I did with out (even in a completely soaked diaper).
I do not recommend the Botox, but maybe it will work for you. Just be prepared to deal with it if it does not.
I go next Wednesday to have the catheter taken out and see if it has shrunk my bladder. If this doesn't work I may end up getting a sphyncteronony (not sure how to spell it) done.
I would rather go back to just not having control and deal with the occasional bladder pain from the spasms.