Booster pads

Archives1

Staff member
I was wondering about booster pads for adult diapers. Do thy work? Will thy help with absorbing more? I’m just wondering about them I’m going to be out shopping a lot abd don’t really like to change in a public restroom

Yes. I put in booster pads in every time I change. Depending on what brand you use will differ on how much gets absorbed before it starts totally leaking in the diaper. Some brands now these day can hold a lot. There are times where I know the pad is full. I just find a restroom and pull it out and toss it in the trash and use the rest of the diaper up until I get home. Even when I am home, I will pull the pad out. Doing this extends the life of the diaper a bit longer so less changes.

Yes! I wish I had one in right now...
Usually I use a size 3 or 4 kid's product and pull it out when I have had an episode that, but sometimes I poke several holes in it and it adds to the absorbency of the adult brief.

@jeffswet Poking several holes in the pad seems like an excellent idea. I've got a bunch of extra pads that I'm going to experiment with.

Yes I use them all the time and it’s much easier to change the pads then having to change the entire diaper.

@Jayindiapers

I use the abena anatomical booster pads. I find that they are better for walking around than the wider pads.

Boosters are a must for added protection and longer wear.
I use several different kinds depending on what I am wearing.

Disposable and cloth fabric styles. Both small and full coverage.

They work for me. Sometimes, I double them up for more absorbency. I get my disposables from Northshore. I wish Medicare paid for them.